Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Quitting attempt number 5?

Featured Replies

Made it through the weekend :) Lets just hope I can keep going! 

BOOM!!  Good work my lovely.  All ya gotta do is not smoke, you can literally do ANYTHING else that you like!! 

 

I have faith that you want this, you absolutely CAN keep going, it's always a choice - hint, choose nope (not one puff ever, just for today) and keep running with that. The days stack up and do their thing while you just concentrate on taking smoking off the table for today.

 

xx

Made it through the weekend :) Lets just hope I can keep going! 

Awesome! There's no need to hope the first three days are the hardest and they are behind you. You've got this! :D

  • Author

Very true, the three day battle is behind me. I feel I've done this so many times... This time... the last time. It is different. The link between thinking smoking offers some sort of happiness is not there. I am fed up with thinking that when things get tough, a cigarette will make everything better. It never makes things better. If anything I feel guilty and disgusted after smoking. The battle between your inner concious seems to be the hardest. Associating happiness or relaxation with smoking. I guess it really is junkie thinking. I've never really thought about it like that, but it makes perfect sense. Everyday I try to compare my life smoker vs non smoker. And the one thing they have in common is, my happiness, stress, struggles, etc. Are all there with or without the fag. I used to think the cigarette was the one sole thing that kept me happy or aided my bad days... How could I ever think like this? It might be my 5th attempt to qiuit but each quit brought me closer to realizing that smoking offers me nothing. 

 

Also, the support of everyone here is wonderful! I am glad to be apart of such a strong group of individuals. 

 

Cheers :)

Way to go Slovenka. Your previous quits were all useful practice. Most people have them.

 

You are absolutely right - the addiction will try to make you think that a cigarette will help..it won't. But the cravings get less, the benefits get more...every day is better and better. Keep going!

Right On..... smoking does nothing but BAD!!!

 

You are doing AWESOME...congrats on your new life.

 

Keep on keepin on.

Really pleased to be reading this. A number of us have a few quits before "the one" and you're right, you learn from each failure and it makes this attempt really powerful!!  

 

Junkie thinking, yeah defo, it's a big struggle. The connection that smoking doesn't do anything, even though you may have thought differently in the past is the key thing I've read here from you. Absolutely right and I think that's a big turning point and you should be proud for getting here. Every day (sometimes hour by hour) is a win for you and a better life.  

 

Make sure you are treating yourself, especially on milestones.

 

You really are doing great!!  But don't be proud, post for support on the main board or to think things through in writing. We love to hear from others and oftentimes these good folks have some helpful hints and tips. 

 

xx

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.