Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

I ran across one of my old 'Quit Cards' that I made 9 years ago -

Featured Replies

It still applies and I still live by it   🙂

Even after 9 years with not a single puff I know it is still true.   

QuitCard.jpg

Yes. Thank you.

I make flash cards. I am (with your permission) going to update my stack with the above.

 

  • Author

For sure, KEL -  it is from Whyquit and a quote from Joel - it is timeless and essential information that anyone who wants to break free needs to ingrain into themselves.

 

I know one couple who had quit for 6 and 8 years, ran into some old friends who were smokers and tempted fate and had a cig with them and they now cuss that day because they KNOW THEY THREW IT AWAY and have to go through that quit process again.

 

Aww hell naw, don't ever go there.   Once a prisoner is free they usually don't want to go back but for some reason nicotine lures us.  

 

DON'T FALL FOR IT.    Keep your freedom at all costs!!

 

 

Yeah we do appreciate the support. And one thing I have learned from being around the "rooms" of recovery for several decades is the best way to protect your sobriety (or smobriety!) is to pay it forward.

I had a ten year quit once. It was seamless. Then life happened.

Its an interesting thing about prison: some of us feel safer there than in the freedom. Maybe its because we have to take responsibility on the outside? 

Not sure where that came from but having spent quite a bit of time in prisons (teaching/AA), I can say without a doubt that I do not want to go there again. Or if I do, want to be able to walk out those doors under my own steam.

I think I'll stay on the train!

 

Edited by KEL

Ok@KELThanks for being so honest and sharing your story.

Also congratulations on your sobriety and helping others along

the way. I am very involved in the Al-Anon program so I know

how important it is to help others. I enjoy your post and your

Positive attitude!!!❤😀

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.