Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sal

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Sal

  1. Starting on step 1 I'm afraid. I have the same problems. Anxiety issues and Depression controlled by meds. Last time I weaned down, and you have to believe the patch will alleviate the cravings. Stay busy also away from those cancer sticks. It's the hardest thing for me to quit, a second time. First time was 6 years, Stupid me. All it took was one cigar and I was hooked again. You almost have to be locked in a facility if you know what I mean. They don't let you smoke in a ward. ☹️ They slap a patch on you and your own your own. It was tough but I did it last time not by choice. Hope I was of some help.
  2. Congrat's !! Wishing the same for me someday. Great going!! 🙂
  3. I'm here, in the same sinking boat as you but giving it all before my health declines. It's a slow and frustrating experience. What's on your mind? What have you tried? They can help here for sure. 😀 On the patch weaning down from 3 Dutch Master cigars to zero eventually. Not sure if this is good advice but it worked for me last time and I quit for 6 years! One bad mistake and I was back again. I know all the lies and cheats. It takes all you have, especially have smoked for over 40 years!
  4. Still going crazy. Trying isn't cutting it. I'm half on the fence about quitting even though I know I must. Been feeling down about the whole thing. Lots of inner family issues. Thanks for checking up on me.
  5. I'm glad you had success with it. I got really sick on Chantix. Couldn't tolerate its side effects. My dreams were crazy! Patches worked in the past, I'll stick with them. Wishing you well! 😄
  6. Thanks for the comments. I love the support here. I have it at home and my wife is a tough one when it comes to me quitting. I just need to be strong and trust my journey away from tobacco. The patch helped me before. I trust it will again, forever this time.
  7. I don't recommend Chantix. It made me also feel miserable and puked my brains out on it. Bad stuff! For me anyways and many others in my family. The patch worked for me but it's still not easy as I have fallen off the wagon again. ☹️ Dreams are my dilemma concerning smoking. Always looking or trying to find a smoke. Like you, I struggle to quit again. What did it for me was being hospitalized for 2 weeks without a cigarette and only the "patch" to save me from cravings and withdrawals. Being strong is the key and staying busy away from whatever you smoke. 😄 Wish you luck and hope we can both kick the habit!
  8. Thanks again all! I cancelled my upcoming breathing test. Not ready and don't want to waste anyone's time plus need to get my Covid and Flu shot. I still wear a mask when inside at medical facilities such as the hospital where it was supposed to take place. I need to get this habit kicked before doing so. I did it before and I know I can do it again. Need to be stronger and more willing. Not having too much trouble with cravings after meals and try to minimize how much I do smoke. Having troubles sleeping. Seeing myself at times searching for a smoke in my dreams. It's so disturbing and frustrating. I'll be 60 on October 14th and want to give myself a present to quit on that day if at all possible. : ) I love this website because everyone here is or was a former smoker and know exactly what I'm going through. I also suffer from anxiety and depression. Both being taken care with medicine, but the anxiety is creeping up on me about all and everything. My dad died in 1992, at the age of 58 from a heart attack. I don't want that for me and wish to live a lot longer. I know that it's the right choice to quit now before things get even worse. Please comment anyone. Take care!
  9. Thanks for reaching out to me. I'm feeling very weak right now on quitting. It took months to quit cigarettes, 2019 was the year, haven't smoked once since but the cigars are winning right now. I know I will quit but need the magic tools I call them to do so. I have a breathing test on September 24th. I'm getting nervous. Maybe it will be the kick in the ass that I need to quit. I have to figure it all out on my own maybe with all your help some. Are there medications to help? I've tried the patch but have failed. The last time I was forced to quit. Was in the hospital for a few weeks. Long story. This is my SOS for all your help. Anyone reach out to me for guidance please!!!!!
  10. I know what you're going through. ☹️
  11. Hey all. Thanks for the response. Been busy with my Physical therapy for a Meniscus tear. Right knee. Still struggling with the smoking. I have a million reasons to quit and a million reasons why I haven't. Going through a lot right now being one. So, stressed out! Family issues got me down lately. I didn't realize that these Dutch master cigars were so addictive. I still don't have cravings for regular cigarettes, however. Strange? Anyways, have an SOS calling out to you all. I am having a Breathing test on the 24th and want to pass it so bad. I have COPD also and use an inhaler and a nebulizer 4x a day. You think that would deter me from smoking, but the urge is very strong. I feel so weak. ☹️ Any more help is appreciated.
  12. Thanks, but I'm failing with the patches and lozenges this time around. Cravings are crazy bad, so disappointed in myself. Trying to stay busy though and take naps when I can to pass time. Seeing a Pulmonologist this month. Maybe that will get my butt in gear.
  13. Hey all. I quit smoking Cigarettes in 2019. I'm now smoking again, 3 cigarillos a day. Dutch Master's. Need your support. Trying the patch and Lozenges w/o any success. Thanks all. Glad to be back but not for smoking again.
  14. Sorry guys for getting back to you all so late. It's 150 Days now!! Doing just fine but struggle almost everyday. Thanks all for the encouragement!! 😃
  15. 😃 Hello everyone@! Just stopping by to report. I'm currently at 140 days smoke free. Only having an occasional craving now. Not bad either. I just want Thank you to everyone who has been there for me during difficult times. It hasn't been easy. My wife, on the other hand, has started back up again. I don't seriously think that she ever quit. Oh well, alone I go. It really doesn't bother me knowing and seeing her smoke. Maybe, it will be her time just like this is my time. See you at 150 days!!!!!
  16. Today I didn't think of smoking at all.😃
  17. Thanks !! Tell that to my wife. LOL I struggle about 2-3 times a day still but look at the benefits of quitting.
  18. Thanks. I totally agree. I have to do it for me this time, but it would be nice to go it together. The journey has just started for me as a Non-smoker and it feels great.
  19. Hello everyone! I am just over 100 days smoke free. My wife has relapsed I'm afraid. She is being sneaky about it, but I smell it. How does one deal with a smoking partner? Don't worry, I'm not turning back now when my health is looking good. Please, need advice. Thanks, and Happy Easter!
  20. Thanks again!! I'm just over 100 days and without the "Patch". Unfortunately, Anita has started to smoke again. She is hiding it but I'm not making a big deal about it. I'm fully focused to stay away from those things. I have to do it for me now. No cravings and feeling great!!
  21. Thank You all! You all are AWESOME!!!
  22. Ohhh, Me?? Okay! NOPE Ever!!! 😉
  23. Hello everyone. Hope all is safe and sound. Staying healthy, I hope. Today I am celebrating my 90th day off Cigarettes! I am doing just Great and feeling terrific! I want to mention that w/o my beautiful wife of almost 27 years and the people here, that I don't know where I would be. A very big Thanks!!!🙂 SAL and Anita
  24. Hello everyone! I'm currently 55 days of No smoking and had a craving almost all day today. I'm currently on the Nicotine Patches and started Step 2 yesterday. Just a good tip that works for me : Lie down and Meditate and Just stay BUSY! They will pass and you'll just be fine. You have to believe that this works. I did it for 96 days last time. This time is different. I have my Wife also quitting. Anyone else quit by patches? Thanks in advance.
  25. NOPE !! 55+ Days Now !

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.