Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

TAC

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by TAC

  1. Its been a week now and I can safely say that too much gluten in my diet can cause stomach problems. With some exceptions, I find that I can have whole wheat bread, chocolate cake and ice cream. It is mostly when I eat large volumes of gluten containing foods. I went three days completely gluten free and all symptoms went away. No, I did not have such severe symptoms when I smoked cigarettes. I am adjusting, cutting down on large volumes and it seems to be working. Soup however really upsets my stomach, but I have no problem giving it up, soup has way too much salt and I am not a big fan of overly salty foods.
  2. I may only have to cut back on glutin for a week or two until my stomach heals, or at least I hope so.
  3. Not death, just misery:(
  4. TAC replied to bakon's topic in Socializing
    Ecuador, is where the quake was, not sure where Cristobal lives, let's hope he was no where near it.
  5. TAC replied to bakon's topic in Socializing
    I hope Cristobal was not involved in the recent 7.8 earthquake in South America
  6. The primary source of glutin is wheat flower
  7. Simply put, it is Gluten intolerance, like lactose intolerance, Bakon. When you Google Celiac disease, some pages claim that smoking may cover the symptoms, such as severe stomach cramps. There is no proof hence I can only speculate. My symptoms have grown significantly since I quit smoking or at least until I cut out glutin entirely. I'll let y'all know how successful I am with my glutin free diet in a week or so.
  8. It has taken me 40 years but I am almost convinced that smoking does cover Celiac symptoms. I am currently suffering big time, or was until I cut out gluten recently. Since about 4 weeks after I quit smoking the symptoms are so bad I sometimes cannot sleep at night, it's been hell, but again only until recently when I cut out gluten. My favorite foods have gluten including ice cream, hence I am fit to be tied, so don't mess with me Bakon:) Anyone else have this experience?
  9. TAC replied to Petra's topic in Socializing
    I'm here of course, so wha's up doe? We chattin or not?
  10. Can't believe it with all the smoking around me 50% of the time. I don't get cravings anymore, just an occasional moment of missing it, don't ask:( No worries, those thoughts are fleeting and easy to put down.
  11. Pick on Bakon instead:)
  12. Now seven weeks in, people at my work, the girls are keeping the smoking away from me and some are seriously considering following my lead and quitting as well.
  13. All I do is entertain women, at night, that's it:) Not always an easy job, trust me on this point.
  14. Doubling the minimum wage is economic suicide, please send a clear message to California that we do not approve of their bailout plan, especially when we non Californians are the ones footing the bill:( BOYCOTT California grown products, or pay higher prices for bread, cheese, and beer if you like, IT's YOUR CHOICE.
  15. OK, so I'm naked, what's next?
  16. TAC posted a topic in Socializing
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHlhOgQ36m8
  17. Sorry Bakon, you will no longer be served in school lunches. You are carsinogenic, containing nitrosamines and other bad ass preservatives that make cigarette smoking look like a baby's formula. At least according to the school lunch police, don't shoot the messenger.
  18. TAC replied to bakon's topic in Socializing
    wtf
  19. Saturday April 2, 8pm to 1am April 3. No excuses this time.
  20. Its not the triggers, I'm over smoking, its the smell when five people are smoking around you. Normally one or two people puffing does not bother me, but 4, 5 or 6 people, its like swimming in an ashtray. Ptuuu,yukk, fptthh:(
  21. I'm putting glow sticks in plastic eggs for Easter this year. A little high tech fun for the kids:) Shame on you Bakon, you are supposed to eat turkey not rabbit.
  22. 5 weeks and 5 miles running a day. Beat that Bakon
  23. No holds barred party here now. Starting with a strip tease and a shot, no three shots of Tequila:)

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.