Everything posted by Ria
- WEDNESDAY 24th June 2015
-
first day of the rest of my smoke free life
How odd!!!??? I thought I'd quoted Pippa on that last post???....
-
first day of the rest of my smoke free life
Welcome Flo! It's different for everyone! and every time we try... for ME, it was convincing myself that I WANT to as they are disgusting! They taste foul... (true?!) The smell foul... (true?!) and COST an arm and a leg... not to mention the alienation of "being a smoker"... SO many times in the past 5 or so years, I stopped.... but this time I've QUIT!!!! This time, I have the "RESOLVE".... and when I think about a cigi with my coffee in the morning, I stand with the cup at the kitchen window rather than sit outside on the balcony as I used to... the great thing is, it's Winter here in South Oz, so no loss! ha! YOU CAN DO IT!!!! for me it's 48 years on and off.... now I've got some "spending money".... thought about saving it, and I will, but for the first couple of weeks, I'm treating myself to little things... like the screen cleaner spray for the TVs... some 2nd DVDs, etc... whatever "floats your boat"... as my darling daughter said the other day about something totally unrelated! lol! YOU CAN DO IT! :wub:
-
Smoking is weird
Just had another thought, ... CPK.... and all those who added "stress" (what's that anyway??? isn't life full of it?) Anyway, my lappy, Vista, is temporarily 'stuffed', I'm using a ROOLY old duck, XP, and got a new 1 yesterday 8.1.... (like learning a new language!) After every hour or so of boss-eyed frustration, (I too am an old duck, but busting to learn) I think.... "I'll just have a break on the balcony with a cigi and coffee/tea/whatever"!!! LOL... it's momentary..... but in all my 'prior attempts' after a while, (as much as 3 or 4 days at times) I'd weaken, and drive to buy some.... This time, I'd made up my mind while I STILL HAD a few in a pack, left them for a day or two, then scrunched the pack prior to going out, and haven't looked back!! What's weird for me, is that I'm not following the time... like I have to keep looking at the calendar to remember how many days it's been...??? I'm trying to fool myself into believing I've been "quit" for 10 years.... and all those 'weaknessess' weren't "serious".... but it's not true! I WAS hooked! So.... do I need a shrink????? :lol: :lol: :lol:
-
TUESDAY 23rd June 2015
N.O.P.E!!! yeehaww!!!
-
Smoking is weird
The 1st one in the morning with my coffee!!!!!! STILL miss that, briefly... going out on to the balc... but now it's ROOLY cold and wintery, there's not as much to miss... if that makes sense? Also, the 'reward' thing after I've been busy or whatever..... But it's getting less and less.... THIS morning, I nearly didn't pour my coffee lol!!! That used to be the FIRST thing I did! (after loo, teeth etc)... LOVE this forum! :P
-
MONDAY 22nd June 2015
N.O.P.E!!!!! NO SIREEEEE!!! Have a grand day, everyone!!! :wub:
-
Saturday, June 20, 2015 NOPE pledge
N.O.P.E!!!!
-
SUNDAY 21st June 2015
N.O.P.E!!!! Sorry to be MIA yesterday! My lappy has given up the ghost! this is an old 'bomb' that I'm using after reinstalling windows xp!! (shows how old it is)
- CatFish
-
FRIDAY 19th JUNE 2015
N.O.P.E!!!!!!! YEEHAAA!! have a GREAND day y'all!!! xox
-
THURSDAY 18th June 2015
I'd LURVE one of those T-shirts, Meathead!! or is it photoshopped???
-
S/O/Family/Friends ALL smokers
NewID :) Your thoughts are almost mirror images (if that's the right term) as mine, at times! But today, I had a revelation!!! We are ALL "mourning".... seriously!!! after YEARS of blowing in and out as a "habit" (because I think we've determined the 'addiction' is more mental than physical, yes?) it takes a bit of "change" to succeed... and DETERMINATION!!! Think of it like any abusive relationship!!! For what ever reason, we throw them out, get on with life for a while, then... we wish, as if by some miracle they're changed, we take them back... try again.... The relationship with fags is the same!!!! We're not going to die without them.... quite the contrary!!!! and all they do is pull us down, mentally, physically and FINANCIALLY! our N.O.P.E pledge says it all!!! and yes! EVERY smoker wishes they didn't!! LOL!!! WE know that, don't we??? YOU CAN DO IT and you WILL!!!! :wub:
-
THURSDAY 18th June 2015
N.O.P.E!!!!!! Have a grand day everyone xox
-
Rewarding Yourself For Not Smoking
What a GREAT thread, Colleen!!!! :D Mine will be a swinging egg chair for the balcony! Truth be told, I won't HAVE a lot of "spending" money, per se.... I've spent YEARS "robbing Peter to pay Paul"..... in fact, if not for my sister..... *sigh*.... anyway.....After my 1st (true) quit, in 2005, my habits changed, so I only smoked outside and in 'private'..... very few knew! (imagine THAT stress!!?) a couple of my daughters "found out" but I'd lie and say "i've quit again".... I did quit for a few days, weeks..... then bang! (most of you know that scenario) anyway, not intending to change the mood of this amazing thread.... but my CONSTANT REWARD IS.... "Now I'm TRULY financially independent!!!!" :lol:
-
Still smoke free and checking in
Aww (((Toni))) xox Like Judi, my sis and I are also close, so can only imagine... :( and yes! Your sister (GRHS) would have been over the moon proud of you!!!! xox xox xox
-
WEDNESDAY 17th June 2015
N.O.P.E!!!!!! I'm 'later' today than usual, been chatting on my 'regular' forum..... nothing to do with smoking, but been there for yonks and most of them are in the UK so will miss them if I linger here... which I tend to! lol!!!!! HAVE A GRAND DAY or night or just time spent alive and FREE!!!! :wub:
-
Anxiety and fear
Hello Etd! I'm also wondering how you are!?? Other than what previous posters have said, I have only this;.... It's really a mental thing... nicotine affects the brain... but luckily, not as badly as heroine, alcohol etc... as in, the physical "withdrawals", if any, are TRULY minimal in comparision! My best friend has increased her smoking levels to 100 per day at times!!!!? I keep asking her "why do you find the time?"... THAT in itself is another point.... she has no hobbies, interests inside or outside the home, lives alone, so sits all day, (other than when she's in bed) and smokes! (then starts on the Port/Tawny, whatever we call it now) ok... getting to the point.... I tend to 'butterfly' On the 2nd June, I picked her up from hospital day surgery, where she'd had a skin graft on the crown of her head, after 'cancer' removal!.... this is not the 1st time, which was along her forehead/hairline..... but the 1st time for skin grafting, which came from her neck.... The nurse saw her to the car, and off she went.... bearing in mind, my friend had been there since 9.45am that morning, and it was now 6.30pm.... Guess what she wanted???? yep!!! I said "J... you've been without 1 for over 8 hours, it's freezing here, can't you wait till we get home?".... (20 mins maybe...) My God!!! I couldn't believe the face she pulled!!! never seen it before, never want to see it again, and we've been friends a LONG time! Of course, I had to get out of the car, as couldn't leave her outside alone.... and stand with her..... Since I quit the 1st time, in 2005, I've never smoked inside anything... car, house, whatever! (I used to smoke in the shower, but that's another tale... :lol: ) so when I STUPIDLY started again, I smoked only on the balcony.... which is where my friend just about LIVES when she's here!! Anyway.... back to the point.... she was VERY happy! relieved that the op had gone well... etc etc..... Was laughing and making jokes.... as soon as the nurse left, her MENTAL addiction kicked in..... she was physically fine! Even with this huge wound on her head!!! But the poor thing was obviously convinced that she wouldn't "make it home" after all she'd been through, without a smoke 1st... which, I might add, made her feel dizzy!! there were NO PHYSICAL WITHDRAWALS!!!! just mental! she'd even eaten a sandwich they gave her and 2 cups of tea!! I'm wondering if that experience isn't a HUGE reason I pushed to quit when I did!!! I'd "cut down" (hate that expression) to a pack every other day.... i.e. 25 lasted me approx 48 hours... give/take ALL the very BEST ETD!!! I'm SURE you'll be fine!!! xox
-
where were we?
Awww (((Tracey))) xox Such an inspirational post!! and yes... "nothing will change"... I remember that from Allen Carr's words... if anything, it would have made you feel worse! IYKWIM? Your strength and resolve are outstanding! Kudos to you, my friend! I can't IMAGINE 'losing' my sister.... :( Remember also that we quitters will "mourn" at times.... losing anything we thought "precious", even an abusive husband, causes us to mourn...
-
TUESDAY 16th June 2015
Good Morning or g'day everyone! N.O.P.E! Guess being in Oz gives me the chance to start each day earlier than the rest of the world! LOL!!! :D :rolleyes: :air_kiss: :lol2: (now there's something to keep you thinking!!! :lol22:
-
MONDAY 15th June 2015
Larklibby... I LURVE that saying btw.... "I'd rather be an ex-smoker with an occasional desire to smoke, than a smoker with a constant desire to stop doing it" Can I steal it? and change it a bit...? would you mind? I'd rather be a NON-smoker with an occasional urge to smoke, than an addict with a constant craving to quit.....
-
You don't just 'Get off the Quit Train....'
I hope y'all don't assume that if I'm MIA for a few days, that I've jumped out!!??? lol!! :lol: Not many 'online' here when I am... :(
-
Tentative Hi...?
Plus "this too shall pass"!! Hope you're feeling better :wub:
-
Quit day 15/06/2015- Any support for a serial quitter?
Oh REALLY!!??? That's FANTASTIC!!! So there ya'go!!! GOOD FOR YOU! I STAND CORRECTED! My sister also quit 'the hard way'.... so now, reading your response, I should take back what I said to Carly!!!! Here's the proof, Carly!!!! and who knows? Maybe it should be called the "Easy- ER" way.... I mean, how incredibly STOOPID was I? After over a YEAR....to smoke a 'few' thinking I wouldn't get hooked again!???? How wrongly "cocky" was I???? As Colleen would say NOPE!!!! Not One Puff Ever!!!!!! not for ANY reason.... :P
-
MONDAY 15th June 2015
Good Morning, EVERYONE! Not One Puff Ever!!!! NOPE NOPE NOPE! LOL!! :yahoo: