Love this whole funky-non-smoking community

Evelyn

I just feel like saying I really am thankful and love you guys, yes chicks too... Beth suddenly gone... never ever did an internet community, or family the way I feel, has had so much impact. I keep thinking if only I had known... I had Beth on facebook, I don't think she realised how much I appreciated her, ALL of you!!!
She was wise, and I'm not gonna get all smoochy now; but you peple better realise NOW I came back, because of Beth... I realised I want to be the sticking around one.
Not because I'm scared to relapse, but I want to help others, like we all help each other. And no matter how early you quit and stay quit it's no gueranty you might not die smoking related. 
This place has something, most other communities lack. Loyalty, caring, tough love, and commitment. 
For 3 months I struggled as some of you on facebook noticed but I want to be the caring one, the kick in the butt.
I walked out peeked in every now and then but the most precious thing the members of this place have, is the 'caring and staying' for others... Beth did.
Not every day, you have to let go of some things to gro, but sometimes you have to keep a little line between the old place where you kicked off and where you are now, because if WE do not believe in the new quiters (and stay believing in ourselves) and commit to NOPE and to the QUITTRAIN then this wasn't a special place and I wouldn't be smooshy and realising how rare this is

Everyone, member, or lurkers... jump on the quittrain and ride along.
It's worth it (now where's those heart-smilies???)

• Like 4

Hi Evelyn, I'm newer here but just wanted to say I appreciate that you came back  to this very special place. I need all the help I can get :blink: I put a post up a while back saying I was so impressed with the long term quitters who still take the time out of their busy days and stop in here to support all others. I love the comaraderie(sp) here!

• Like 1

Thank you Karen :)
I appreciate it you do so, (weird line )oh and I tried to fix (sorta) a profile pic, the URL adress is in your topic ;) just copy it it should be ok???

And you know what? In a year you stand on the lido deck, doing what I do for you now ;) keep your eyes on the prize

Don't tell it yourself, promise yourself.. commit... any barriere in between, an argument, a fight, being fired from your job, mental health prob, none of it can come in between if you commit and make it your priority to NOT ONE PUFF EVER. 

It's not like you get a craving and 'you suddenly happen to light one' it's always intended. Before you light one ask yourself is it worth it?
See my signature, there's no 'mythical' one,when you smoke, light one or relapse it is the situation you often feel bad and you MAKE it the excuse.

Guess what? NO excuse in the world justifies lighting one, I pledged NOPE for months. And if you do puff, with an excuse, the only thing you hear is Bakon replying 'Window licker' is your own voice in your head beating yourself up... because it is and will never will be the same... once you want to quit, REALLY, you're going down a river, a stream and you can't go back to being a happy smoker :)

The lido deck is nothing special, I'm on it, but I still have to commit, anywhere anytime I get tempted or in a situation there's a trigger I hdn't faced before :)

You quit smoking, you stick with it but you will never be a non-addict. One puff brings your brain in smoking modus.Always remember that, Be confident, believe in yourself but be aware of the monster breathing in your neck. 

Yes on the lido deck, which means more then 12 months you easier dismantle triggers, see thru traps etc. You become an experienced ex-smoker, And when you are there, you can help newbies too ;)