Fear the Walking Dead (needs its own thread)

Devil Doll

I am still not sure Ds.  I have watched every episode so far on the edge of my seat... with no "pay off pitch". It is like I have had sex 4 times with no orgasm.   I need a pay off pitch to stay in it.  I need to be sucked in.  I figure episode 6 will be epic.  To keep us hooked.  So I will wait.  

• Like 2

I'm with Chrispy.. I'm not completely engulfed yet...

However...

It may have to do with what was said on the Talking Dead...in the beginning of this new series..we all know more about whats happening than the characters do,(because of our passion for the Walking Dead).. so we feel as though it is moving too slow...we have to remember, at this point they are just setting up the characters and story lines...

and of course, we are all going to be making comparisons to our favorite characters, wonder which one of the "new" ones will be the "Rick" on this series....or the "Michone"..or the "Carol"...lol...

I remember when the walking Dead first premiered, I watched it, but couldn't get into it, so I stopped watching...then a year or 2 later..., I happened across a marathon week-end and after watching one episode after another for 48 straight hour...lol...I got hooked, and now cant miss it....

so..with all that said...

Im gonna give it time and see how it goes once all the new people have figured out whats going on, and which direction the story goes...

• Like 2

is anyone here into the walking dead comics? read them?

im geeky like that.

joe and I are.

Im sure DD is WAY ahead of me, as I got a late start...lol..My daughter bought me compendium 1 and 2 for my birthday a few years ago..when I finished them, DD pointed me in the direction I needed to be to (buy)  the comix on-line...which, I havent kept up with like I want to...but far enough along to be on the edge of my seat this season...its gonna start off with a "bang" and just keep going! ...with that said....

i hate spinoffs.

i hate reality tv.

i hate remakes of classic horror movies.

i have no interest in this.

oct 11 cant come soon enough.

I dont look at "Fear the Dead" as a spin-off...just part 2 of a multi-part show :P ..I mean, its the same basic story, just a different where and when  .(Stephan King the Gun Slinger terminology...lol ;) ).....

.(TWD "started" AFTER the walkers pretty much already took over, and the survivors all spread out..)

No parallel with reality tv at all...nope...nothing.. :blink:

Remake of a classic?...well..the subject is somewhat of a classic tale, but this movie/series/comic is 100% original because its not really about the walking dead (per se), but the individual ways that people are handling a cataclysmic event of this magnitude...Really, the dead are now secondary..its all about how to cope and survive with whats left...

I done have any interest in it either....  :rolleyes: ....OK..that one is a lie.. :P ..I cant wait!

Now..about this weeks (5) episode.....Its obviously building to be quite a cliff hanger, but i am still not sure they have covered enough ground for this to be the season FINALE ..not mid season, but SEASON...that means we have to wait until what...MARCH to get back to this story?...I mean TWD is pretty short seasons..broke into two 6 week runs with a break in the middle, but to tease everyone with only 6 weeks then not return to it for almost 6 months might lose quite a few viewers....

Bring on 10-11-15  :o

• Like 2