Newbies !!!

Hi Doreen,

Thanks!! For the most part I am doing well with my quit.  I certainly came a long way from the first couple of months.  I do, however, get occasional urges but I work through them and they do pass rather quickly.  I am looking forward to the day when I can look at or smell a cig and not get an urge.  I hope that day happens soon.😁

• Like 5

I’m technically a newb still right, and I’m doing pretty good. Much better than I thought back 11 months ago. This drug definitely messes w your mind, big time. But it gets better, so much better.  Regular life things give you that same dopamine/feel good feeling that cigs did. A thought passes here and there but it’s definitely not as bad as even a few months ago.  It sounds so cliche, but newer newbies can SO SO do this. Just keep pushing forward with distractions other than cigs and the “freedom” comes quicker than you think. 

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

Hi

I relapsed but no way im out of the train. No way. Back on it again. Today. Back again.

Today morning:

The doubt entered my mind when i was rising the bicycle around.

I instantly recognized it. The doubt associated with smoking.

Another thing that stuck to mymind when i was smoking yesterday at night: as i read somewhere here on this forum, statistics say that i would try again quitting after somr 2 years and lots of cigarettes. This concerns the average user. I strongly protested in my mind: " no way im going to forget quitting for another years!" so here I am, sticking to. The forum. Holding tight to allen carrs book!! 

I slept with my phone on and with this forum opened on the browser of the phone. just did so.

I am 33 years old and mental health diagnozed. Schizo. 

In search of my "WHY". As in Why do I want to quit.

Ill be seeing you guise. For I need help. 

• Thanks 1