January 11, 20197 yr I anticipated the forum to be flooded with newbies. I applaud those that have reclaimed their lives and health- vowing to kick the addiction in the 'butt' in 2019. I'm standing here in peddle pushers/capris/waders- waiting for the tide to roll in with a mass of new quitters. I'm taking the sunshine route- less smokers in the world these days (hallelujah!) so fewer folks will quit; therefore, less activity on forums like QT. Are you still smoking? You're a smoker. Want to quit this year? You're a wannabe. Stop smoking cigarettes right now. You will become an ex/former smoker-one of the greatest titles ever! Edited January 11, 20197 yr by Lust4Life
January 11, 20197 yr https://www.marketwatch.com/story/smokers-in-this-state-spend-up-to-23-million-in-their-lifetime-2018-01-17?link=sfmw “Quitting smoking is probably the hardest thing you are ever going to do. I’d rather get people off crack,” Dr. Louis De Palo, Professor of Pulmonary Medicine at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, told Moneyish. “The recidivism rate is huge because it’s not just the nicotine. If you really want to be successful, you have to look at everything that one stick is giving you, which is why a combination of nicotine replacement and cognitive behavioral therapy has shown the most success.” Medication plus counseling doubles a smoker’s chance of quitting, according to U.S. Public Health Services “Smoking is not a ‘bad habit’ — smoking is an addiction, and this is how it has to be treated,” said Cindy Mendoza, health educator and tobacco specialist at Montefiore Medical Center. Smoking costs you more than $27,000 a year. Here’s your no B.S. guide to quitting for good. By Nicole Lyn Pesce
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.