Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Where are my cigarettes?

Featured Replies

I took today off from work as I have a lot of yard work to catch up on. Anyway, got the wife and kids off this morning and cleaned up the house. I just finished brewing a cup of coffee and figured I would take it on the front porch and play with the ipad. Where are my cigarettes? That thought actually popped into my head...where are my cigarettes. It's been over 8 months since I smoked a cigarette. At this point can I even smoke a cigarette without gagging? Hell, I used a lighter the other day to light a birthday candle and realized the callus is gone from my thumb.

 

Where are my cigarettes? You know where they are? DOWN THE TOILET WHERE THEY BELONG! Where are my cigarettes...jeez, you've got to be kidding me. My quit is way too strong to try and win me over with that weak shit. Bring it on.

Well Done on catching the sucker trying to sneak back in like that, damn pesky nicodemon.   Just goes to show we have to on our guard because he will always try to find a way back in and tempt us, but so happy to see your quit is strong and you used it to kick ass.  Be Proud and ahem see how you cleaned up your house mines looking a bit messy any chance!!! lol 

Jengelsnew, just yesterday while I was driving to work, my hand reached out for the place I always kept my cigarettes......at the place in my drive that I would always light up.

I was more amused than anything.

I still occasionally tap my pockets (to see if my cigarettes are there) on my way out the door.

I can accept that my almost 30yr addiction will not be erased in a matter of months.

Now when these old behaviors pop up I try to look at them for what they are.......just remnants of a very long addiction to cigarettes.

I'm over a year and sometimes I have the same thought. "Where are my cigarettes?" I have absolutely no desire to quit, so I'm guessing it's just out of habit. 

 

I love your attitude towards that thought. Good on you. You were prepared and protected your quit. That Nicodemon is a sneaky bugger!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.