Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Not so easy after all

Featured Replies

Hi Wendy - I am late as usual but hope you are feeling better. All these horrible symptoms are normal but it seems you were treacling unlucky to get them all at the same time! You have already received great advice so I will just add that venting is super important for helping clear the negative emotions so vent away ... We are here to help and support ( even if I am generally late to the party ). And I treacling promise we were only laugh a little bit at the way you worded your original post. Chin up - it does get better xx

Hi slovenka, thanks for the advice.  I'm lactose intolerant so usually my poop problems are the other way around and I tried probiotics a few years ago to see if they helped as I'd read somewhere they were good for that kind of thing.  I couldn't use the probioitic drinks as they had lactose in them so tried a supplement.  They did actually help to start with but after a couple of weeks I started getting horrible stomach cramps so I stopped using them.  Are the digestive enzymes the same sort of thing?  I'll look in to it thanks.

 

Enzymes are what helps our body break down (sugar, carbs, lactose, protein etc) If anything they will help with lactose intolerance. Consult with your local health food store but they are definitely worth a shot :)  

I don't have much to add that hasn't already been said Wendy. Sorry you had such a rough treacle day. :( I hope you're feeling better!

 

I can assure you that this too will pass. When I first quit, I had so many issues going on with my body. I guess that's our body's natural response to change, especially a big change like quitting smoking. 

 

Definitely try the baking soda/warm water solution Beacon was mentioning. I get mouth ulcers all the time (yay me) and I have tried just about everything. I know how painful eating gets. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.