Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chantix

Featured Replies

You're well on your way, Diane!  I didn't use Chantix but I did cut down and "practice" not smoking in various situations for quite a while prior to actually quitting.  This method isn't recommended by most people, but I was such a heavy smoker for 40 years and was used to smoking everywhere (house, car, outside of work, etc.) so cutting back and getting used to not always being able to smoke was a huge help for me.  I imagine cutting back with Chantix helps in somewhat the same way, with the big bonus of making you have less desire to smoke.  Whatever works for you is the best way to get through this, and it sounds as if you are determined to make this your final quit.   We'll be rooting you on all the way!

  • Author

Thanks Jordan7! There is no cookie cutter recipe to quit! We are all different and what works for some don’t for everyone. Habit are hard to break too. Not just the addiction. I unfortunately have both. When you do anything for 40 years to hard to just stop. It becomes a part of everyday life. At lest my not running to smoke every time I feel stressed. And that a big step for me. I’m coming here and reading others post. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.