Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

skipping over "like and subscribe" add-on?

Featured Replies

I have this brilliant idea for an app or add-on to browsers. It works like this -

 

When you are watching youtube and they get to the part about liking and subscribing and comment and thumbs up, the add-on would skip over that part automatically.

Maybe if two or more of those words are spoken within a couple seconds of each other or too few words between...

The add-on would also hide links to patreon accounts and other online panhandling sites.

 

The problem is, I am too dumb to know where to even being creating such an add-on. Where would be good places to share such an idea so someone smart could create it?

I know content creators would find ways around it but if such an add-on could at least be started. I would even pay for such a thing and you all know how cheap I am.

 

I do not know about anyone else but I cringe when watching a video and they start asking for like and subscribe. In fact I click ahead on the video to skip that part, kind of like changing the station when Taylor swift  comes on AGAIN.

 

So where should I suggest such a practical add-on/app?

Edited by Jet Black

4 hours ago, Jet Black said:

I have this brilliant idea for an app or add-on to browsers. It works like this -

 

When you are watching youtube and they get to the part about liking and subscribing and comment and thumbs up, the add-on would skip over that part automatically.

Maybe if two or more of those words are spoken within a couple seconds of each other or too few words between...

The add-on would also hide links to patreon accounts and other online panhandling sites.

 

The problem is, I am too dumb to know where to even being creating such an add-on. Where would be good places to share such an idea so someone smart could create it?

I know content creators would find ways around it but if such an add-on could at least be started. I would even pay for such a thing and you all know how cheap I am.

 

I do not know about anyone else but I cringe when watching a video and they start asking for like and subscribe. In fact I click ahead on the video to skip that part, kind of like changing the station when Taylor swift  comes on AGAIN.

 

So where should I suggest such a practical add-on/app?

 

puzzle_i_havent_the_foggiest_idea.png

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.