Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

No More Walk Of Shame

Featured Replies

sharon it is great that you are free from smoking, the road in which you took to get doesnt matter as much as the destination :)

I feel so chilled and relaxed here you know, that I can be my more dizzy Dora self.

 

I no longer have the shame hanging over me because I'm an ex vaper, so what if I'm an ex vaper? I'm free of smoking, vaping and nicotine so who cares....from the members here I get the feeling none of you will or do.

 

Just feels great that I come here an equal in the sense I had a habit that I overcame. Finding it so hard to explain to be honest but it's just so lovely so thanks for letting me join.

 

I put it here because it had mention of vaper and didn't want to assume it could go on the main board.

 

Hey Sharon,

 

I never had any hang up with that, so congrats to you! I am glad you are here, you quit, and that you stay that way.

 

Good job!

 

Markus

I vaped for about 5 months or so, attempting to replace the cigarettes with the ecigs. I think I might have been satisfied if I could have done that, too. But, I couldn't. I ended up using the ecigs plus smoking, so just added to my nicotine intake. Too, vaping is being regulated almost as badly as tobacco; few places will allow you to vape if smoking is also banned, so socially, ecigs weren't much better than smoking cigs. Turns out that the addiction is really an addiction; go figure. That's for me, anyway. I know people who have used ecigs as a replacement for smoking. They seem happy enough with it. I just couldn't. I don't like feeling "trapped" by having to use anything, when it comes right down to it.

 

Aine,

 

That's a great attitude refusing to be on the hook with something.

 

Congrats to you...you're there :)

  • Author

Thanks again guys.

 

For me personally that's the most important thing, as Markus said, not having a hang up on how I quit.

 

Like you all confirmed here so what, nuff said...Sharon quit. It's as though now I can start rejoicing my quit, doing mental cart wheels (can't do real ones) and feel an equal to you all...and not the black sheep anymore.

 

You will never know how lovely that feels guys, seriously, I'm so happy right now it's just unbelievable!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.