Thoughts consumed with smoking since you quit?

Jonny5

Nothing has changed really on that front then.

Smoking was always consuming your thoughts, the only difference now is that you don't jump everytime the junkie clicks it's fingers.

one of the most uncomfortable situations I ever faced was a 14 hour flight from UK to Singapore with no smoking.  I was crawling out of my skin for my fix.  I would have normally had about 30 cigarettes in that time.

we often forget just how much cigarettes were at the forefront of our minds.  we would do a quick smokers check about any situation, have I got enough to last? when can I fit in a smoke break? where can I smoke? should I have 2 or 3 as it will be a while till I have another chance?  How long is this movie? does this bus make rest room stops on the journey?  How do I say cigarettes in this language? how should I ration these remaining few in my pack? have I got a spare lighter?  where is the nearest exit to smoke to make the most of a work break? how quick must I eat my dinner to fit in smokes as well?

and now what?  sometimes you might get an annoying trigger or crave, but remember you are probably thinking of smoking less and less with each passing day :-)

the further clear of that life you become, the more you can see how consumed and trapped you once were.

just observe current smokers to witness what I'm talking about :-)

• Like 4