Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cilia

Featured Replies

Oh Cilia, Cilia, please come back

I miss your little hands.

 

 

 

 

To those who have gone through a couple of allergy seasons smoke free, does it get better? Any advice? Guess I'll

be switching from steam heat vaporizor to cool mist, because my bronchial tubes/chest are not feeling good.

 

Newbies, stay with me. We don't want ANY MORE DAMAGE, RIGHT???

  • Author

Crikey, it's taking forever just to hit 6 weeks...

Time CRAWLS when you quit smoking.  I swear this is the longest and most drawn out 4-5 months ever!!!  Prior to quitting my calender pages were flipping past like those animated cartoon books.  But, that's probably a very good thing because time seemed to be going too fast any way.  I'm 32 and I don't want my thirties to happen without me knowing!!!  

 

Also, I did not get bronchitis this winter.  Every winter when I smoke, I get it.  This year, nope.  And past years where I wasn't smoking - no bronchitis.  One year, as a smoker, my bronchitis turned into pneumonia.  Yuck.  

 

The evidence is crystal clear.

  • Author

I just read a thread by someone who relapsed. What stuck out was the relapser said, "My poor lungs..."

 

This was a really good comment because it was so graphic.

 

Maybe instead of relapse, it should be called self-harming-by-setting-lungs-on-fire.

 

What's so romantic about that romancing? Ugh.

 

Also, relapser said she DIDN'T HAVE A PLAN IN PLACE...when coming up against a crisis.

 

I don't have a plan except to right away stomp on any thoughts of smoking as the answer to anything. Am also GRATEFUL

my lungs still hurt a little because I can't deny that they are in healing mode, so in a crisis, do something else,

anything else BUT LEAVE THE POOR LUNGS ALONE.

I totally get what you are saying.. I would smoke and be wheezing...I thought who would do this??  Yes, let's leave our poor lungs alone...I'm with you on this. 

Hugs, Ricki

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.