Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

larklibby

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by larklibby

  1. Red of course! and thanks :)
  2. First day in work as a non smoker - It's, interesting!
  3. Yes end of day one! It's been a wobbly day, pretty much knew what to expect. Just drinking a peppermint tea then i'm off to bed, not sure how much sleep I will get! But day one is dusted :D
  4. larklibby posted a blog entry in NOPE
    So i'm nearing the end of day one. I have been here before a few times in the past, I knew what was coming and what to expect. A few hot flushes, a nagging voice to 'go buy some smokes'. Getting past trigger places through the day; keeping my mind occupied. I only had one really bad moment in the day, that was early evening, when I would smoke the most. It's about snapping that routine, 'doing something else'. I smoked for 25 years, sometimes heavy sometimes not. I liked smoking, I enjoyed a cigarette, but over the past few years I have really wanted to stop. No one smokes anymore, it's no longer social to smoke - I wasn't enjoying it anymore, however I was addicted. So, now i'm at this point. I whittled down my smoking to around 10 a day (probably 10 trigger places in a day for me) and I'm set to kick it once and for all. Hopefully by the end of the week, most of the physical withdrawal effects will have eased. But for now, I just need to stay focused, stubborn and determined!
  5. Hey Tracey I'm not too bad, finished up my last two smokes before I went to sleep last night. Feeling as expected really, bit lightheaded and raw around the edges! But I'm OK. Going to head out for a run tonight ^_^
  6. Thanks everyone - and cool video :)
  7. Hello, I'm new to the forum (about 30 minutes new) so thought I would drop in a quick post to say hello. I am a smoker of 25 years and tomorrow I plan to stop. I have 2 smokes left which will be gone before I sleep. I'm down to 10 smokes a day and finally I feel I'm in a good place to break free. I've stopped a couple of times in the past for a month or so, but just slipped back into it. I have recently completed a 10k run and have two more planned in the next few months, so hopefully that will help with focus! I know it will be a journey with ups and downs, but reading across the forum it seems there is some great support here. I was thinking of setting up a blog, I think that will help. Thanks, Karl

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.