Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

natalie_3

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by natalie_3

  1. As always, thanks for your answers. I read the experience of Colleen and I was thinking it for a while, since I´m a bit panicked I´ll start with the patch. Once I feel safer I´ll try to ditch it as soon as possible. This is a huge lifestyle change! :blink:
  2. Hi! My name is Natalie, I´m new here, some of you know me already and have been very supportive. My quit date is tomorrow but I´m still not sure about NRT (specially the patch). I´ve been searching, some people says it helps curb cravings and reduce withdrawal symptoms but others say it´s only a different way to continue the addiction. What´s your opinion? What´s your experience with NRT? Thanks :)
  3. Thank you very much to all of you! :) I really appreciate that you took the time to answer and give me advice and encouragment. I´ll follow your advice and do it!! Maybe as some of you said my doubts about NRT and weight gain should go on another thread. Wish me luck!! I hope you stay here in this road that I´m sure will be worth it. Thanks again! Nat
  4. Yes. Today I´ll "enjoy" my last cigarette. I have a couple of question, I hope not to bother you. Is NRT another way of continuing the habit or it really helps? Did you have issues with your weight? I´ve read you only gain around 5 pounds but I´m not sure because I put on weight easily. Thanks :) Nat
  5. Hi :) Yes, thanks to the advice I´ve received and some things I´ve reading I´ll stop...tomorrow!!!! Someone said "the sooner the better", and I think it´s true, I´m always waiting for Monday, New Year... and I keep putting it off. A question, does NRT like the patch or gum keeps this addiction going?
  6. I know it´s incredibly risky! And I don´t rest all night! Maybe as some other members said, my body wakes up on a huge craving. I´m definitely going to quit once and for all. Thank you for your welcome. Nat
  7. Thanks a lot! You´ll be hearing from me :P Nat
  8. Thank you so much for your lovely welcome! Knowing I have this support really helps me. :) Nat
  9. Thanks! I´ll try! And congratulations! Quitting after 52 years sure wasn´t easy. If you don´t mind sharing your experience with me? Nat
  10. Hi Jackie! Your lovely welcome gives me the strenght to jump in! You´ll be hearing a lot from me LOL Thanks Nat
  11. Thanks so much for your reply! For what you explain me it would be better to try to cut it cold turkey. It scares me in a lot of ways because I´ve been analyzing it and my psychological addiction is also quite strong, it´s not only the nicotine withdrawal but the fact that I find confidence in the cigarette. It has become my safety blanket. I can´t picture my life without smoking! Advice on that? :) Nat
  12. Hi! 45 years! Wow. Congratulations!!! Can you tell me more about your experience? Thanks, Nat
  13. Thank you! It's so hard to picture my life without smoking...
  14. Thank you! I´ll be posting. What did you do to quit? Can you tell me your experience?
  15. Thanks a lot! Well...I´m going to give it a shot. Set a quit date and go with it. You´ll be hearing from me a lot :)
  16. Thank you. Can you explain me what do you mean?
  17. Thanks!! I think I need to switch my quitting method but it really scares me... I´ve been smoking for 11 years, I don´t know if I can function without it
  18. "Welcome, your nicotine addiction will not let you do what you think you can" Thank you. Can you explain me what do you mean?
  19. Hi! Thank you Jenny! So I should go cold turkey? It really scares me...
  20. Thank you for your reply. It means I´m quitting slowly and not cold turkey. I used to smoke 30 a day and now I´m in 13 a day
  21. I´m on a gradual smoking cessation program and I´m doing quite good, I´ve been able to control my cravings except when I sleep. I wake up 2 or 3 times in the middle of the night to smoke. I´ve tried everything, hiding my cigarretes, locking them on a safe, sleeping pills... This is ruining my quitting efforts, putting my in risk (I sometimes fall asleep with the cigarette still lit) and I´m tired all day long. Anyones else going through this? Any advice?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.