Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

"Don't Quantify It..."

Featured Replies

"Don't Quantify it..."

 

Out of the mouths of babes, or bakons, or bums...whatever...

 

Whatever...this is interesting advice...

 

What if I say:  "I quit for 7 weeks..."  ---

 

I just imagine running into

a former friend/smoker, and them scoffing and saying,

"Oh yeah, big deal, that's not quitting...that's just taking a

break...you're still a smoker at heart. Here, have one now..."

 

Because it's spring/summer...and I will be seeing people

around who I didn't see in the winter...

 

So this advice is good. I need more work to not just

say nope

but live nope

 

just say: "I don't smoke."

 

because forming new associations builds a strong quit.

 

(bakon can speak american english when he wants..!)

You are already a non smoker, sometimes we forget that there is no fight hey.

 

So when your friends ask, tell them you don't smoke, tell them you're a very proud non smoker. If they try and quanitfy a timespan..smile sweetly and repeat...cause it's done. Now it's about recovering and finding your new life :)  

 

12520_896025100438802_896429736636364716

  • Author

Love this, Marti. You may have picked up on a slight fear. When people (especially other smokers) hear you have quit they always ask how long. This just reinforces the hanging by your fingernails thing. Look, every smoker and ex-smoker seems to think in terms of not smoking as just ticktock time before a relapse. What I love about Quit Train is the constant reinforcement that now I don't smoke. Not even a puff. Period. The rest is my life.  Don't know why this is so flippin hard to manifest! Keep those beautiful affirmations coming, Marti. They are appreciated more than you can ever know. Or...do know!!!  :wub:

Love this, Marti. You may have picked up on a slight fear. When people (especially other smokers) hear you have quit they always ask how long. This just reinforces the hanging by your fingernails thing. Look, every smoker and ex-smoker seems to think in terms of not smoking as just ticktock time before a relapse. What I love about Quit Train is the constant reinforcement that now I don't smoke. Not even a puff. Period. The rest is my life.  Don't know why this is so flippin hard to manifest! Keep those beautiful affirmations coming, Marti. They are appreciated more than you can ever know. Or...do know!!!  :wub:

Had the same convo and the same fears...

 

Unfounded though :)  As is your fear. People will always be, well, people...be better. xx

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.