Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

jklee

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by jklee

  1. Woow. Sorry guys! Work got busy so I wasn't able to swing by and see all these amazing responses. Many of you are asking about a date and to be honest, I guess I haven't planned it through as well as I thought. I basically just went "okay tomorrow is the day I quit!" and figure with my newfound motivation that would be enough. But nope, work got tough and I fell right back to my old habits. As for my plan...I don't want to have to rely on nicotine alternatives or drugs (nothing wrong with those methods, just a personal thing) so I've looked into some nicotine free alternatives. My friend suggested something called the freedom quit smoking system so I may check that out (have any of you guys heard of it before?). As for the date, I want to get started as soon as possible. I know withdrawal can make a person...unpleasant to be around to say the least, so hopefully I can be in a somewhat okay state by thanksgiving (dinner with the inlaws../shudder) next week. Do you guys think this may be a bit unreasonable? I hear that things get a lot easier after 72 hours..do you guys know if that's true?
  2. Haha wow this is sort of weird...uh my name is John. I've been smoking for about 5 years now. I took up the habit in law school to combat stress..and well things don't really get less stressful as a lawyer so my smoking habit has never gone away. I knew it was bad for me, but any attempts to quit eventually crash and burned after a week so I just gave up. Things have changed recently though...the girl I've been dating for a few weeks now has been pushing me to quit and well I like her a lot. I know I know it's sort of sad haha it's not the threat of lung cancer or anything like that which gave me the motivation..it was one girl with a pretty face (and an awesome personality). Sorry I know I rambled a bit.. but this is such a weird experience for me as I never post on forums. But this community seemed so welcoming that I couldn't help it. Anyway, I'm so happy I found this place and I'm sure it'll be a pleasure speaking with you all.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.