Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tjump

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Tjump

  1. Thanks!!
  2. Hi Mick! I also quit smoking July 18, 2020. It’s been a long hard 3 months. We are close in age, I’m 60. I quit for 7 yrs 1993-1999. Started again for 21 years. I could not get myself to quit. Finally, I slapped 2 21mg nicotine patches on and said enough, I’m done smoking. I still wear 1 21mg patch and it works really well for the cravings!! I really do not feel comfortable without the patch and I won’t take any chances. although I refuse to smoke again. Like you, I don’t like smelling it on myself or to others. The reek of tobacco smoke is considered “as bad as bad body odor”. so remember that if you tempt to smoke again. And the cost!! I have started skydiving with a professional skydiving drop zone near Chicago. At $3000 to get my A license, I spent $3600 a year smoking. So it’s not such an expensive sport after all. I needed the assistance beginning freefall. The instructors are 2nd to none at this drop zone. And no, I’m not too old! I thought that at first, but I’ll keep at it until my body says I should not anymore. I have a granddaughter 4 1/2yrs old. I’m sorry she has had to smell that on me. But not now. And I don’t have to hide from her to smoke. keep at the quitting, you won’t be sorry. only takes a puff to start again!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.