Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Greenowl

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Greenowl

  1. Today I am happy to say I am a quitter. I started smoking cigarettes because of stress and to have a social life. It seemed like all my friends would step out to have a cigarette and I would be left inside by myself feeling like I was missing out. I wanted to see if they were really as addictive as others said they were. (I know that was stupid) I started smoking Winter of 2013. Here is where my story gets interesting. I stuck with Organic tobacco. I would roll my own or stick with Native Spirits. I gave birth to a very surprise baby in the Spring. Thank God she is healthy. (I was told I could never have kids and pregnancy tests are not always accurate) I wanted to give it up right away. The stress of being a first time unexpected Mom was a lot. I was doing 9 months of work within a couple of days. Several months later and I have had enough. I do not want to look my child in the eyes when she is ten and tell her Mommy has cancer. I do not want to have to step outside from sports events just to have a quick cigarette. I realized last week these cigarettes are owning me. How am I in control of my stress if I smoke to relax? My teeth started having some problems this year. I was reading in a free e-book about smoking that it causes your body to lose massive amounts of vitamin C every day! What the hell was I doing? I may pay with some mouth issues but I do not want to pay with mouth cancer or lung cancer! I do not want my child to have to bury me over ciggs! To quit I am drinking lots of peppermint/ginger tea with lots of water. I have two cigarettes left over from my pack that are just sitting out in the open. Almost like I dare you......I have not touched them today. This is only day one and I have a headache and my stomach has felt a little irritated. I feel like I could sleep the entire day through. I have tried to quit before but as I said I failed. Why is this time different? Well its almost a new year and I am sick of my own crap. I really feel like this forum will help push me through the difficult moments. I also cannot wait to help others as my journey progresses!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.