Drinking and Smoking Pt. II

I used to party back in the day, but that was a long time ago. Now that I'm older, I'm not much of a drinker.  I have maybe 1 or 2 beers a year anymore.

That said, we had our annual work conference in Raleigh last week and there was one night where the beers flowed like wine. I -along with about 30 of my coworkers- ended up getting pretty hammered and closing out the bar in the hotel. Now in years past, this would have been one of those "smoke 2 packs in one night" nights and I'd have woken up with not only a raging hangover, but my lungs would be wrecked as well.

Well I'm happy to say, I only had to deal with a raging hangover. Although I hung out with some people that were smoking, I had no desire -not a single inkling- to smoke. I can honestly say that the thought of having a smoke never even crossed my mind.

That's huge.

Just one more sign that this guy is done smoking for good.

NOPE!

Edited by JimHannoonen
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Good for you Jim!! That is huge.

I had something similar a while ago when in Vegas. People smoking all over the place - even in the pools for crying out loud :) Normally after a few beers I would be hankering for that smoke too but nope! I actually only felt sorry for those around me smoking. I guess the other way to put that is, I felt really happy that I no longer had the urge to smoke under those circumstances. All that hard work we do early on in our quits really pays off.

• Like 8

That's a hell of a solid quit Jim and congratulations, that's where we all aspire to get to.

Not much of a drinker here either and had my first few beers earlier this month, since my quit in January. After a couple on the first night the craving was so intense, I just had to head to bed and wait it out until the morning. A couple of beers the second night didn't have quite the same trigger.

Be vigilant peeps and by never indulging in the smokes, hopefully we'll all get to a point we won't ever want to.

• Like 2