Name the most re-watchable movie in history.

Whispers

In the same vein as the horse racing movies, we have Champion (although rarely broadcast on TV these days).

The true story of Bob Champion, his fight against cancer and ultimately victory in The Grand National. The "Champions" music score still gets to me.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sslip said:

In the same vein as the horse racing movies, we have Champion (although rarely broadcast on TV these days).

The true story of Bob Champion, his fight against cancer and ultimately victory in The Grand National. The "Champions" music score still gets to me.

You forgot National Velvet

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, notsmokinjo said:

Don't baseball movies deserve their own category...

Baseball and boxing are the two sports that could support their own category.  You could make an argument for horse racing as well.

I watched the crew and some of the cast set up a scene for the movie "42."  They filmed some of the game footage at the old Engel Stadium here in Chattanooga.  I know they were actors, but it was surreal to see Jackie Robinson and Pee Wee Reese playing in the old park.

• Like 2

Nice topic.

I love historical movies. Especially when they are larded with epic music. So for me: The man in the iron mask.

My favourite actors in this movie are Gabriel Byrne and Jeremy Irons.

In a few weeks I hope to visit the castle(s) again ? when we stay near Paris for a week.

So much one can do when one quits smoking!

Dutchess

• Like 3

Just now, Dutchess66 said:

Nobody likes Star Wars?

Not as “most rewatchable movie ever”. 

• After reading the thread, and seeing how wrong everyone else is, I wouldn’t be too surprised.  :20_kissing_smiling_eyes:
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, barry said:

Not as “most rewatchable movie ever”. 

• After reading the thread, and seeing how wrong everyone else is, I wouldn’t be too surprised.  :20_kissing_smiling_eyes:

Oh Barry, Barry, Barry!

This from the person who wasn't prepared to nail his colours to one mast!

Come on, of the three, which one was it?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Sslip said:

Oh Barry, Barry, Barry!

Airplane! ?

10 minutes ago, Sslip said:

Oh Barry, Barry, Barry!

Also: are you related to @notsmokinjo?  Y’all both talk English real funny...

• Haha 3

45 minutes ago, barry said:

Airplane! ?

Here ya go Old English I got ya some burn cream from me first aid kit... 

For today, an having the balls to call a pom on his English... @barry you win the internet, I nearly peed me pants.

Edited by notsmokinjo
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, barry said:

Airplane! ?

Surely you don't expect me to answer that.

Okay, way back, the criminals got sent to Oz as punishment. Where there is proper sunshine, miles of coastline and a brilliant quality of life.

My bloody ancestors had neither the imagination nor daring to get sent there! Or they just weren't dumb enough to get caught.

Jo was just from the side of the family we never dare talk about. Not out of shame, just envy!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

@Sslip maybe its repeated exposure to my awesomeness and my masterful use of the English language has rubber off... Hang around me an you too can talk like a yob. 

Or maybe I need to come with a health warning "repeated exposure will diminish your communication skills"

Edited by notsmokinjo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, notsmokinjo said:

@Sslip maybe its repeated exposure to my awesomeness and my masterful use of the English language has rubber off... Hang around me an you too can talk like a yob. 

Or maybe I need to come with a health warning "repeated exposure will diminish your communication skills"

Oh, you have communication skills.  Just most of us can't understand what it is you're trying to communicate...

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Dutchess66 said:

Nobody likes Star Wars?

Love star wars, so many flicks i havnt seen posted. I have seen a ton but a mental note has been made to a few more .... Snow out here today expecting 12-15 inches! Two snow movies, the shinning and Stephen King's Storm of the Century

Edited by Whispers
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Nancy said:

It's a Wonderful Life

Dennis watches it at least 3 times every Christmas season...

Also, I really think The Greatest Showman is also going in this category for me!

I applaud your taste Nancy. The Greatest Showman was the best new movie I've seen in years! I loved it! The music and the dancing (that "dancing in the air" segment.....swoon!) was epic.