My Quit Day!

Beaglelover

Today is the day...I have many emotions going into this quit. I am anxious, scared, excited, and hopeful. I know how much better my life will be in the future once I quit. I am afraid to feel uncomfortable, of change, and failure. Here I am ready to start and am hopeful that this board will help me along my journey....I am going to document my quit on this thread just to keep track of my progress.

• Like 6

Hi beaglelover, congratulations on taking back your life :) Yes the next few months are scary and exciting but with the help and support of others you will succeed. We all have been where you are and you'll have support from people who quit just this year, like you, to members with years of quit behind them. The most important thing I found was checking in everyday and pledging g NOPE on the NOPE thread. Also we ask that you post an SOS should you feel yourself caving to a crave and then wait for at least three replies. We will help you past the craving and let me tell you, it works. I used it a couple times and members came running to help me past it :)

• Like 5

Hey Beaglelover. Welcome and congrats on starting the journey to freedom. Jillar pretty much said it all. Just remember everyone's quit is different but chances are there is at least someone here who has been where you are and will be able to lend an ear or help you through. I'm not going to wish you luck but instead strength and perseverence because you can do this.

• Like 3

Hi and Welcome Aboard B !!!

Congrats on the wonderful decision to take your life back...

Quitting is a journey ,with lots of ups and downs..but the reward of freedom is so worth the little time you will uncomfortable....

Read all the pinned stuff here on the main Board..watch all joels videos...they will cover most of what you need to know...

Post our daily NOPE !!!...post often...join in the games...if you follow all the above,you will reach the prize,every smoker would love !!!!

Looking forward to getting to know you better !!!

• Like 2

Welcome aboard Beaglelover and congratulations on making a great decision for yourself.

5 hours ago, Beaglelover said:

Today is the day...I have many emotions going into this quit. I am anxious, scared, excited, and hopeful.

All perfectly natural things to feel starting out on a new journey.  Put the anxiety to rest; you're surrounded by people who once felt anxious and had some doubts about our ability to quit, yet here we are: bunch of non-smokers.  You can do it too.  As for feeling scared, there's nothing to fear.  Cigarettes on their own are mindless, cylindrical tubes filled with dried leaves.  You on the other hand are a sentient, reasoning human being.  The cigarette has as much or as little power as you give it.

The process of quitting smoking will give you far more than it asks of you.  Enjoy the ride.

• Like 3

Hi Beaglelover. I'm so glad to have you here, and that you've made the decision to quit smoking. Yep, it scary and exciting. But with education about the addiction and the support and knowledge of all the good peeps on here you can succeed. The "sticky posts" found at the top of this page is an excellent place to start learning.

You can do this! Welcome aboard.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Beaglelover said:

Today is the day...I have many emotions going into this quit. I am anxious, scared, excited, and hopeful. I know how much better my life will be in the future once I quit. I am afraid to feel uncomfortable, of change, and failure. Here I am ready to start and am hopeful that this board will help me along my journey....I am going to document my quit on this thread just to keep track of my progress.

Today is a great day to be Free, Beaglelover.  Congratulations on your decision!

Commit to NOPE (Not One Puff Ever) and you will be FINE !

It is great that you intend to use this thread and document your journey.

This will not only keep you accountable to yourself but, will help many others who will learn from your experience.

• Like 3

Welcome beaglelover!  Lots of great information here to help you understand the addiction and what to expect on this journey.  More importantly, there are lots of wonderful people who have all been where you are now just waiting to cheer you on.  You can do this!!

• Like 3

Welcome to the QuitTrain!  I wish I could tell you it was easy, but you're an addict, and have been abusing your brain and body for some time now.  It will take a significant effort the next few weeks to start on the path to freedom.

You have made the best decision you could possibly make!  Your health, and your bank account, will thank you for the rest of your life!  

There are a ton of resources available to help you.  Take advantage!

• Like 4

I have nothing of significance to add to what other's have told you other than to add another "welcome" and yes, YOU too can do this. Most of us thought we couldn't when we started and were scared to even try but just jump right in, commit yourself fully to it then read all you can to educate yourself about this addiction. Knowing your enemy is key! Come here as often as you can. Being active with other quitters will help keep you focused on the task at hand :)

• Like 3

As you can see from my profile pic, I am also a fan o' bitches.  

Anyhows... congrats on your quit.  Today is going to suck...tomorrow is going to suck.. the next day will suck suck...hang on...stay tough and give yourself no other option.  The payoff is soooooooo worth it.  It is like a clean bill of health after a colonoscopy.  The process itself kinda sucks... but the reward at the end of soooo AMAZEBALLS.

Hang on.. keep on keepin on.

• Like 3

Welcome to the board, Beaglelover.  Quitting smoking is one of the best things you can possibly do for yourself and your loved ones.

Your feelings are natural right now but stick close to this site.  There is a lot of support and knowledge here that can help you beat this addiction for good.  You are making a great change in your life.

• Like 3

Hi Beaglelover,

I don’t know what made you to decide this, but please be aware this is one of the best decisions you ever made.

It’s not an easy one, but here you are in the right place with many people who know what you are going through.

Use it!

Dutchess

• Like 1

Welcome aboard - You have received a lot of good advice.  Read it & re-read it as often as you can.  Focusing on the little moments (rather than the big picture) helped during the early stages.  In other words, if I could just choose to do something other than smoke at this particular moment, I could add a few more moments to my “quit”.  Then those moments became hours; then days; and then I really had something to protect.  After a few weeks, I had to pinch myself to believe that I could really do this.  But realized that it was just me making a choice each moment of each day whether to smoke or to go do something else.   The other big help for me was reading the posts of those who had quit before me.  They promised that if all I did was just “not smoke”, it would get easier.  And they were right.  If I had not read their stories; I might not have trusted the fact that it does get easier; and also transforms your life into something so very wonderful.  

• Like 1