Name one thing you are happy to be free of

onthemark

That taste was the worst, im happy im free of the smokers cough that went right away after i quit along with my constant sinus issues as a result of smoking . I know that's two but happy is  me for both

Edited by Whispers
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I am so damn happy to be Free of,

the incessant nagging of an active addiction...

Do I have smokes ?

Where are they?

Is there enough 'till I can get more ?

Do I have a match/lighter ?

Where is it ?

Where /when can I light up ?

Absolutely nothing was done in my life, 

and not fifteen minutes (or less) passed without this negotiation.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Yes Doreensfree, Weegie, reciprocity, Sazerac and Whispers... that whole scenario of smoking... I used to 'hide' my smoking and pretend to myself that other people, like my son who hated it, didn't know. (I was deluding myself.) I don't miss the self-delusion.

I'd sneek out to the garage and smoke. I don't miss the hiding and the lying and brushing my teeth and showering to cover up the smell, and all the moments when I wasn't there or there mentally because i was transfixed by my next smoke. It was a kind of slavery. I'm free now.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, onthemark said:

Yes Doreensfree, Weegie, reciprocity, Sazerac and Whispers... that whole scenario of smoking... I used to 'hide' my smoking and pretend to myself that other people, like my son who hated it, didn't know. (I was deluding myself.) I don't miss the self-delusion.

I'd sneek out to the garage and smoke. I don't miss the hiding and the lying and brushing my teeth and showering to cover up the smell, and all the moments when I wasn't there or there mentally because i was transfixed by my next smoke. It was a kind of slavery. I'm free now.

Oh ...I used to feel shame...that feeling of shame ..for me ..was the worst..I remember standing in the cold all huddled to keep warm..trying to catch a puff ,before the wind blew it down to the tip...

I hope I never forget how stupid and degrading I felt...it keeps my quit alive and kicking !!!!

• Like 6

Nice topic.

I don’t miss:

The panic when I almost ran out of cigs at night.

The smell I had around me.

The people feeling sorry for me.

My empty wallet.

My ailing health.

But the worst thing was the shame. The shame I could not quit te cigs while knowing they were killing me.

Dutchess

• Like 5

19 hours ago, Sazerac said:

I am so damn happy to be Free of,

the incessant nagging of an active addiction...

Do I have smokes ?

Where are they?

Is there enough 'till I can get more ?

Do I have a match/lighter ?

Where is it ?

Where /when can I light up ?

Absolutely nothing was done in my life, 

and not fifteen minutes (or less) passed without this negotiation.

Couldn't have summarized my feeling better.  So I’ll just say “ditto” the above

• Like 4

Feeling like an outcast in a mostly smoke-free society that has grown increasingly hostile towards smokers.

There are many other things I am happy to be free of but that's a big one right there.  I definitely started feeling more at peace with this once I realized I was quitting for good.

• Like 2