Mar 2 was my last smoke

Kevsfreedom

Believing that the day would come when one can go all day without thinking of smoking is what kept me going.  And it is true.   The only way to stop thinking about smoking is to not smoke.   It may seem unbelievable; but it really is true & it is wonderful.   Congrats on choosing the “smoke-free” life.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Kevsfreedom said:

Bad day today,Wow after a month and now I want a cigarette.I thought I was strong but this quit is making me depresses and feel like I am losing my marbles

Sorry you are having a bad day and having smokey thoughts.

You are more powerful than any desire to smoke.

You ARE strong and you haven't lost your marbles.

Addiction is a serious adversary embedded in your brain, in your DNA

but, already you are healing yourself with every smoke not smoked....every crave quelled.  

Reward yourself, especially through hard times.

Remember you are a hero to yourself, gotta love that,

and keep your eyes on the prize !

Freedom is Yours.  You Don't Smoke.

• Like 4

Yes, the challenging days do still come from time to time, even after that 1st month but .... they don't come as often because you have already figured out how to battle against the addiction. Part of the issue I found was that at your stage of my quit, I was just tired of the constant battles. I did manage to find the strength to keep fighting and that's what YOU now must do! Remember, every battle you do with this monster and win .... it gets weaker and you get stronger. Fight through these tough days. They won't be around at this intensity much longer.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kevsfreedom said:

Bad day today,Wow after a month and now I want a cigarette.I thought I was strong but this quit is making me depresses and feel like I am losing my marbles

Normal feelings.  

Every once in a while you’ll get the sudden urge. But you have to know that you are stronger than your addiction and that a cigarette will do nothing for you.  The urges go away, they always go away.  

Don’t romance the cigarette. Convince yourself that no matter how bad you feel, smoking will not make you feel better. You have direct control over your thoughts.

Bad days come and go. You had bad days when you smoked, too. No different as a non-smoker…

• Like 2

Hi KeV...

Sorry I'm late with the welcome...

So glad you found this fabulous place...quitting is about winning your battles..until you win the war...

The nico monster is trying to lure you back...have mine of it...your much stronger than him..

Stay close and post often 

• Like 2

Sorry for your bad day Kev, but they will come and go for probably more months to come. The good news, now that you have made up your mind to succeed, is

you are stronger than the addiction

you are more stubborn than the addiction

you are smarter than the addiction

you are better than the addiction

you have more integrity than the addiction

you have more discipline than the addiction

Hold onto the thought Kev, the truth, that it will get easier. In fact, it will eventually get downright easy to resist smoking. But only if you don't smoke now. Hang tough.

• Like 2

Hang in there Kev! You are strong, some days are harder than others, some moments are harder than others.

Get through today...you can do it.!!

Come here and rant - that always helped me. One day at a time.......

• 2 months later...

Hey all I,m back ...been 4 months without a cigarette,don,t even want one.Been a tough road but I have this beat...never going to take even one puff.Now I smoke a pack of toothpicks a day without the smoke...seriously I am now hooked on toothpicks oh well better then tobacco pollution in the lungs

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1