Mar 2 was my last smoke

Kevsfreedom

Well hello everyone my name is Kevin and I have been a smoking dummy for 35 years,but no more.I have beat a  codeine  problem years ago,now it is time to go to battle with the worst of my sins Nicotine .What a first couple of days it seemed like every 10 minutes i was hit with a ( WHERE THE H*LL IS MY NICOTINE) Today not near as bad.Lots of fruit juice,toothpicks  gum and good country music sure helped and hey looky here I saved myself $150.00 so far.There is absolutely nothing good that comes from smoking cigarettes.That addicted part of your brain could care less that to get it's fix ,it is destroying your body.My first year anniversary I think I am going to buy me a classic car and my dog and I are going on a road trip......Thanks for letting me babble folks

• Like 13

A big ol' welcome to you Kev!! Congrats on making the BEST decision of your life :)

This quitting thing is challenging for sure, particularly in the early days (I assume you are going cold turkey from the sounds of it). The great news is .... it's completelt doable if you just take things a day at a time and pledge your NOPE every day. That stands for Not One Puff Ever. It's that simple. Just never take another puff. Simple but not easy to do so, hang around here and we'll help you along with support from others the truly "get it"!

Please read all you can here Kev and look at the Joel videos. Education about this addiction will be the key to your success. Look forward to getting to know you better. Have a look around here and participate as often as you can. It really helps to be an active part of this community :)

And, you seem to have a great attitude too. Look at the positives rather than the difficulties. That will take you a long way forward.

Edited by reciprocity

Hi Kevin and welcome aboard! :) You have the right mindset about nicotine addiction....there is lots here to help you understand what is entailed with quitting. Read, read then read some more, watch the videos and most of all join in here ....play games, chat and most of all, NOPE every day! PS Any particular classic car you have in mind?

well_car-tmagArticle.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Kevin. You have found the right place for support for your quitting. I was a 2-pack-a-day smoker for many of my 42 years of smoking, and with determination, education about the addiction, and a lot of caring online support I just celebrated my 1 year quitaversary! I know that you can do the same thing too. Welcome aboard.

• Like 1

Welcome aboard Kev, it looks like you have the right mind set.  It is difficulty at first but not as your mind has made it out to be.  Looks like your a little over a week into your quit so you will start to see some benefits and should start to see some easier times.  Coming here, deep breathing, and plenty of cold water (or juice, I did both) goes a long way.  And remember to pledge NOPE everyday, it really has worked for me.  

• Like 1

Welcome aboard Kev and congratulations on taking your life back.

Grab a seat and stay awhile.

8 hours ago, Kevsfreedom said:

gum and good country music sure helped

Great call.  You can never go wrong with good country music.

Welcome Kev and congrats on your quit.  Whatever works for you is the best thing you can do.  Just steer clear of smoking and eventually  you'll be steering your classic with your dog's head hanging out the window catching a good breeze. Looking forward to following your journey to freedom. 

On 3/11/2018 at 11:28 AM, Rozuki said:

Hi Kevin and welcome aboard! :) You have the right mindset about nicotine addiction....there is lots here to help you understand what is entailed with quitting. Read, read then read some more, watch the videos and most of all join in here ....play games, chat and most of all, NOPE every day! PS Any particular classic car you have in mind?

well_car-tmagArticle.jpg

That would be a65 Ford Falcon convertible with a v8 engine Rozuki

Kev's Car.JPG

• Like 3

Hi everyone Day 12 here  I still  get cravings ,which are not as bad as the first week so i just look at the pic of my future Falcon convertible and imagine my dog "Duncan the donut hound" and I cruising down the road on a sunny afternoon.With all the money I spent on cigarettes I could have bought a fleet of classic cars.To answer someones question I quit  March 2 using "Champix" but as a real heavy smoker I still get cravings that don't last long(Cruising in a rag top,cruising in a rag top)also gaining a bit of weight(So much for a future with the Chippendales haha ),but car seats move back.Just waiting for the time when I can  go  days without ever thinking of cigarettes...Keep up the good fight everyone

Edited by Kevsfreedom
  • Like 7

Hi Kev, 

Seems that you have the right attitude about this whole  quitting thing.  What helps me is acknowledging the fact that cigarettes do nothing for me. 

Whatever works, work it!  

You do whatever you have to do not to smoke. We’re all here going through the same thing sharing each other‘s experiences.

Don’t forget about the daily nope. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry Barry still here,Just that sitting at  the computer was a major trigger for me to smoke.Day 27  without sucking garbage into my lungs now and I can sit all day at the computer.I still get a craving maybe once a day but I just laugh it off.Have a ways to go yet but I WILL NOT smoke another poison stick again.I set up an automatic deposit at my bank to put the cost of a weeks smokes into a savings account every Friday,sure nice to click on the account info and watch it grow   Cheers all.... Kev

• Like 11