Hi Doug

Welcome and Congratulations on quitting.

Loadsa good advice above

My contribution be nice to yourself and just take one day at a time.

It helped me to avoid alcohol for the first few weeks.

Read here lots and post as you go if you need help ask for it on SOS post if necessary.

• Thanks 1

Hi Doug. You have found an amazing place to help you with your quit: these peeps understand what you will be going through and are ready and willing to help.

Education about the addiction is essential to overcoming it. Read and/or watch videos every minute you can spare. Stay close and active here on Quit Train.

Welcome aboard. I look forward to following your successful quit.

I am doing well, I apologize about not posting yesterday, I live in the p hilly suburbs, and it got got bad with snow yesterday.  I didn5 work my normal job as it was closed, so I did my hobby jobs (sell stuff I buy at thrift stores online) which i really think is gonna be a great outlet to put my nervous withdrawl 3nergy into. I'll ha e more time and $$ now to put i to that, so im very happy a out that. Im going to the Dr.'s tomorow to se2 if he'll sceipt.me.something to help me through this period. No he isn't the guy I mentioned earlier.  I thank all of you here with all my heart for your support and positivity ??

• Like 7

Good to see you are doing well Doug! Your plan to see a new Dr. sounds great. Can;t hurt to talk at the very least. Glad to see you are already looking at the positives of not smoking too (more money for your hobby job). That really helps the mindset needed to get through the early days.

Keep up the Great Work :)

• Like 1

Hey Doug...finding ways to distract you from cravings and urges is the key!  Since your whole life used to revolve around smoking...have to retrain your brain to think of something else to fill those gaps!  

Read up on not only what did nicotine do to you when you were smoking, but also what quitting does to your brain and body.  I found it invaluable to know what is going on, and why I'm feeling what I'm feeling.

• Thanks 1

Hi Doug. My bad for being late to the party.

Something helpful to keep in mind is that most people are going through, or have gone through the exact same thing you are going through. I think most of us here, including me have anxiety issues. Smoking or not. It sucks! But, it is what it is. 

Since my quick I’ve had a few anxiety issues pop up.  And like most addicts my mind would tell me a cigarette sure would help. I know better. I like to think that I am smarter than my addiction.

It’s tough. No way around that. But I will tell you this, life is much better smoke-free. It will single-handedly be the most important thing you’ll ever do for yourself.

I like to call nicotine the silent addiction. Because like most drugs nicotine does nothing for you. Doesn’t even give you a buzz LOL

Cigarettes to do nothing for anyone. They only take away, they take away our money, our health and our time.

Edited by Octain
  • Like 1