sick of winter!

Jenny

There is a difference though with March snow - IMO.

March snow is wet & heavy. A bitch to shovel and huge flakes when it falls but, it melts very quickly and normally this time of year it will be around freezing in no time so it all goes away.

I'll tell you ..... I will take 10 feet of snow over just 1 tornado!! That time of year is here now too and I'll bet it's bad again this year. Be safe all those who live in tornado alley!

45 minutes ago, reciprocity said:

There is a difference though with March snow - IMO.

March snow is wet & heavy. A bitch to shovel and huge flakes when it falls but, it melts very quickly and normally this time of year it will be around freezing in no time so it all goes away.

I'll tell you ..... I will take 10 feet of snow over just 1 tornado!! That time of year is here now too and I'll bet it's bad again this year. Be safe all those who live in tornado alley!

Thats what it is now, slush. Not much out there yet... went from overnight bad to 10am - noon now they say 7-8. Never know with weather

1 hour ago, reciprocity said:

There is no reasoning with a tornado.  Back in April 2011, we had a perfect recipe for destruction in my neck of the woods: two different cold fronts rolling in from the north colliding with a big storm front coming up from the Gulf of Mexico.  Bad action.  We had over 20 tornadoes in the area that day culminating in the big EF4 that rolled through late in the evening.

I was much more fortunate that day than many in the community.  I sincerely hope to never see that kind of action again.

• Like 3

Carnt imagine having to deal with a tornado or hurricane... That must be very scarey indeed...and not knowing the damage you are left with ..

Losing everything.... No I carnt imagine that...we Brits have it easy...

Stay safe folks ....

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Doreensfree said:

Carnt imagine having to deal with a tornado or hurricane... That must be very scarey indeed...and not knowing the damage you are left with ..

Losing everything.... No I carnt imagine that...we Brits have it easy...

Stay safe folks ....

It's weird.  There is a sense of dread involved, but also a weird kind of calm that sets in.  There's not a damn thing you can do about it, so you just hunker down and hope for the best.

2 hours ago, Whispers said:

Its real that chnl 11 news site

Just funny cause a winter problem caused Robert's hassle and his last name is Winter.

It would be like if someone named John Meth got arrested for drug possession.

Maybe they need to rephrase that expression "(something) is my middle name".

Edited by Jetblack
  • Haha 1

On 06/03/2018 at 9:27 AM, Doreensfree said:

England has now massive floods and bursts due to melting snow...

Were lucky in the pool...we seem to miss the real nasty stuff...surrounded my mountains... I feel for you guys...

We not too bad in Scotland with floods .. all that flood water must be running down hill to the borders and England 

The uk practically froze to a standstill last week...a newspaper pointed out that even when the forecast was absolutely sure, nothing is done to prepare.

Rather reminds me of the way I've lived my life.))

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MikePiano said:

The uk practically froze to a standstill last week...a newspaper pointed out that even when the forecast was absolutely sure, nothing is done to prepare.

Rather reminds me of the way I've lived my life.))

Hi mike from London...scouser here....welcome !!!!

On 3/7/2018 at 2:22 AM, Jetblack said:

Dear Jenny,

I think the next couple days are suppose to suck weather-wise for most of the nation.

One benefit of cold or snowy weather that people often overlook is it keeps most of the critters at bay.

Not just the snake, spider, and gator in Frezflops photo but also the bratty-ass kids, the riff raff, the mullet-havers, the douchebags sagging their pants, and the hipsters. Hipsters only go out in the snow "ironically". Or to steal LP records.

So it is like take your choice -

Winter weather but without critters

Nice weather but WITH critters.

Lmao! I had no idea!  I absolutely want to avoid mullet- haters and douchbags!