Confessions

jillar

9 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

Oh I think we have a similar thing here...Passion Pop..... which when I went to school was called 2 buck chuck....it cost about $3 a bottle and was a sickly sweet passionfruit flavoured sparkling wine.

Gday 

I knew it as sparkling leg opener……

• Haha 7

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'll have to look for My Kitchen Rules.  Of course we love Poh and Julie; I liked how Poh made it on to the show in the first place.  We are currently in season 4.  We watched the seasons in this order (?) - 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 1, 2, 3, 4, 10, 11, 12.  Desserts seem to be much more common for people to eat there than they are here.  

• Like 2

Oh yes we love desserts... lots of people will skip the entre (starter) and just have a main a dessert when eating out. Growing up we always had sweets (dessert) after dinner every night...well if we ate our main that was. I usually do dinner and sweets every night for the kid. Although I don't do the desserts you see on master chef. When I travelled to Sydney earlier this year I went to Reynold resteraunt... omg best dessert I've ever had. I didn't care it was totally on my no list and I was dick for 2 days...it was so worth it. 

• Like 1

G’day 

The best desert is just coming into season. Mango……,

It starts with the calipso mango from Darwin way, but in a month or so the Bowans and the Kensington prides will appear. 
I don’t think we’ll get too many local ones this year if it’s anything like my neighbours tree. Rain and moisture when it flowered caused the fruit not to set and there is not a single fruit that I’ve seen.

• Like 1

Bowen's are my fav...but being a temporary Darwin girl for a few years can't say I mind the calypso either.

The rain did the same thing to dad's peach, feijoa and loquat trees last year...so far the feijoa and loquat trees seem like we will get a harvest this year....peaches are too early to say yet.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I killed a spider last night for the first time in years. Normally I catch and release them outside or give them a chance to get away but it was 2:30 in the morning and he was just dangling from a picture frame right above my night stand turning in circles AND he was big!

• Haha 6

• 6 months later...

I am cutting down on sugar specifically chocolate ... but today I had a few truffels ....... and then a couple chocolate chip cookies .. ugh! 

I'll do better tomorrow 😁

Edited by overcome
  • Haha 3

Closet smoking was the sneak, now closet eating is all the crave... Chipotle Mexican Grill for lunch, Pizza Factory with REAL POP for dinner. After gorge snack was Raisinetes and a Heath bar.

HMMM wonder if my Cardiologist will understand !!!  No I'll keep it in the closet >>>------------>

KTQ

• Like 2
  • Haha 2