Confessions

jillar

22 hours ago, jillar said:

Confession: I'm so sick of all the different design shows where the designers say their remodel is "stunning".

Stunning is the Northern Lights or a beautiful sunrise/set its not the blue lower and white upper cabinets in the kitchen or the tiled fireplace that goes to the ceiling 😩😤😵😬

Sugar Britches was watching HGTV one night.  A couple of guys knocked down a non-load bearing wall to open up the floor space a bit and put down new hardwood floors.  They did a good enough job, but this particular pair of chucklenuts acted like they had just recreated the Sistine Chapel.

I'm all for taking pride in your work, but at some point...give it a rest already.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, jillar said:

Confession: I'm so sick of all the different design shows where the designers say their remodel is "stunning".

Stunning is the Northern Lights or a beautiful sunrise/set its not the blue lower and white upper cabinets in the kitchen or the tiled fireplace that goes to the ceiling 😩😤😵😬

Here you go then Jillar - stunning 😋

IMG_0982.thumb.jpg.1930e828c9937b1f137b683a4c8cf229.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Had to look up Blue Peter @Doreensfree lol. Your Changing rooms on a budget reminds me of a show here called Trading Spaces where neighbors swap houses and remodel one room in their neighbors house.

Some of the shit these neighbors allow the designers to do I would be livid over and probably never talk to the neighbor who allowed it again lol  😤😤

• Like 4

@Boo, @jillar and @Doreensfree,  we have been fixing up or home during the pandemic.  Oak was in 32 years ago when we bought our home.   We have had to replace woodwork and have been going crazy trying to get it to match.  The wood stains are different and don't take well to the wood.  We also had to replace a vanity in one bathroom and could find nothing close to what we had  The in thing is white or gray.  I could not imagine raising a family with white cupboards and doors.  Can you imagine the dirty fingerprints that would need cleaning.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Mee said:

we have been fixing up or home during the pandemic.  Oak was in 32 years ago when we bought our home.   We have had to replace woodwork and have been going crazy trying to get it to match.  The wood stains are different and don't take well to the wood.  

I experimented and obsessed over finding the perfect combination of stain to get the new flooring in Maddie's nursery to match up perfectly with the rest of the house.  Eventually, figured out that "close enough" was going to have to do.  Most of the floor in there is covered by rugs now, so it doesn't really matter.

Those nursery rugs we bought claimed to be "stain resistant."  I suspect the little gal is going to put that claim to the test.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Those nursery rugs we bought claimed to be "stain resistant."  I suspect the little gal is going to put that claim to the test.

Lol....this reminded me of a friend a few years back ,buying the most wonderful beige rug ...

Very thick ....

It was down  24 hours when the cat done a big poop 💩in the middle of it ...

She spent days trying to clean it up ...

• Haha 4

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Confession: I just spent $31.00 for a small pizza to be delivered and it was worth every penny. Pepperoni and pineapple on white sauce from my favorite pizza place.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, jillar said:

Confession: I just spent $31.00 for a small pizza to be delivered and it was worth every penny. Pepperoni and pineapple on white sauce from my favorite pizza place.

You are so worth  it Sweetheart...savour every mouthful .😁

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, jillar said:

Pineapple on pizza?

Most definitely

;) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So...if I were to be put in lockdown for a week, I think that it would be because.....

when I was 16 I egged an old lady’s house. I couldn’t stand her. But I’ve already done penance for that because when I was a nurses assistant at the age of 19...guess who was placed in the assisted living facility I was employed at. Guess whose behind I now had to wash. Never think that God doesn’t see. Because He sees. He sees it all. I know. 

• Haha 4

It drives me crazy when one of our outdoor lights on the house burns out. So much so that I've gone out at 10:30 at night, in my pajamas, in winter to change one. And if I can't change it right away its the first thing I think about when I wake up the next morning lol

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
35 minutes ago, jillar said:

My new smartphone came this morning and I haven't opened the box yet. Not sure I'm ready for it😂

Go for it @jillar  Have fun playing with it. I know I cussed a few times when I got mine

trying to figure it out. But is not really that bad 😂😂

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I confess I didn't want to like it but I'm REALLY liking my smartphone. Not only was I able to get online using my data when our WiFi went out two days in a row but I also had a video call with my sister today. A first for both of us😊

• Like 5

2 hours ago, jillar said:

I confess I didn't want to like it but I'm REALLY liking my smartphone. Not only was I able to get online using my data when our WiFi went out two days in a row but I also had a video call with my sister today. A first for both of us😊

Yaaay!  Sometimes you just have to dive in.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2018 at 5:02 PM, notsmokinjo said:

Confession: When I was little I always thought the line of the song was " We come from a land down under, Where women blow and men chunder" .... I thought it was so cool that I could sing a rude song and not get in trouble.

Really Mine was from bohemian Rapisty  My wienies wet   My wienies wet My wienies wet. Funny part is my Daughter picked it up from me and one day at school signing out loud with the song came out My wienies wet My wienies wet My wienies wet.  she was so mad at me.

and do we remember this confession ?

image.png.7cedfc9126a1a2fd65a21c9da2770543.png

Edited by Opah
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...

I have been overdoing it this week with the Key Lime Pie.

My wife is pregnant and has been craving Key Lime Pie.  Being the good husband that I am, I show solidarity with her by joining in on the pie eating.

Between the baby weight and the holidays, I'm going to have to clean up the diet a bit...eventually.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

• 1 month later...

Late at night when nothing is going on I come to the board.  This was the best find yet, I actually wet my pants laughing, not a full out pee, You older ladies know what I mean. A good laugh, a cough or sneeze can cause a little leak.

• Haha 6

• 5 months later...

Just so we are clear on this, would that be you or the bunny?  Either way you are both beautiful.

My confessions, I can't give them, they close the church when they see me coming!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2