Confessions

jillar

On 9/27/2020 at 5:29 PM, Boo said:

For as long as I can remember, my dad always says "I need to go see a man about a dog" before going into the bathroom.

I know what he intends to do when he says it, but still don't have a clue what that saying actually means.

My Dad always said the same thing!!! 😉

• Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...

Confession: I might have used some connections to make sure my daughter's school was one of the 150 chosen in Australia to take part in a NASA space seed research project and I don't even feel the slightest bit guilty that there may have been a more deserving school that might have missed out.

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

There were two complimentary magazines in my mailbox this afternoon: American Rifleman and Farm World.

Confession: I'm a little paranoid that the United States Postal Service has profiled me as some kind of gun toting bumpkin.  It's not that they're wrong, I just wonder how they found out.

• Haha 5

• 2 weeks later...

Well I did it, after five years of having a FB account I sent my first friend request to my sister today because I'm really missing her and now I'm being bombarded by "people I might know" So after accepting two requests i now have three friends 😂 😬

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I watched "A Recipe for Seduction" last night.

Sugar Britches was trying to explain it to me and I couldn't quite wrap my head around it.  "It's a Lifetime Network short movie that's being made by Kentucky Fried Chicken" she said.  "Do what now?" I responded.  "It's a love triangle where a woman is engaged to a rich guy but falls in love with Colonel Sanders" she explained..."Colonel Sanders is being played by Mario Lopez."  "That guy from Saved by the Bell?" I asked.

If you enjoy the kind of show that is so bad it's good, you just might like this one.  It was unintentionally funny.

• Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, jillar said:

Confession: I have never owned a male dog because it grosses me out when they lick and slurp on their junk.... 😂

Reminds me of that old Lewis Grizzard joke...

Bubba and Earl see a dog licking himself.

Bubba says: : Dadgum, I wish I could do that!

Earl says: Bubba, that dog would bite you.

• Haha 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I get excited over far more simple things these days.

This afternoon I saw a farmer I recognize setting up his tables downtown.  This guy has the best fruits and vegetables.  I helped him unload his truck and made small talk about strawberries.

Now that I'm in good with the farmer, he said he would set aside a few items just for us...SCORE!

• Like 5

Confession: I'm so sick of all the different design shows where the designers say their remodel is "stunning".

Stunning is the Northern Lights or a beautiful sunrise/set its not the blue lower and white upper cabinets in the kitchen or the tiled fireplace that goes to the ceiling 😩😤😵😬

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1