Confessions

jillar

Confession: My grandma taught me to always carry a stamp in my purse, just in case (No a stamp isn't what aussies call a condom, that would be franga, or dinger, or raincoat, c0(k sock), because you never know when you will need to send something.....except anytime i was down the pisser and was shitfaced and they had those cardboard beer coaster thingies I'd scab a biro from the bar (or one of those little keno pencils if I was at the sport club or rsl) and i'd turn the coaster thinging into a postcard and stick the stamp on it and drunk mail it to someone, somewhere.... usually someone I knew and not some random from the phone book, but not always.

• Haha 8

4 hours ago, Paul723 said:

I look forward to the Wednesday newspaper (am I the only one that still gets a physical copy) so I can check out the grocery store sales pages.

You're certainly NOT the only one. The wife & I live by our weekly paper. Read the local news, feet up with a coffee. Then there's the grocery flyers that come with the paper. Nothing like leisurely flipping through those to see what's on sale this week. Sure we can get 'em on-line but it's just not the same. The circulation people at head office for our delivery area know me on a first name basis because they hear from me every time we don't get a paper 😠

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Paul723 said:

I look forward to the Wednesday newspaper (am I the only one that still gets a physical copy) so I can check out the grocery store sales pages

I love my paper too!  There is nothing more satisfying than turning a page.  I can't live without my daily crossword either.  Unfortunately the kids don't deliver it anymore.  My husband gets so angry when they don't put it on the porch.  They now hire people to deliver the routes in cars.  They just toss them wherever grrrrrr..... 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Confession: I have an old, outdated, cellphone.  

I'm not bothered by the fact that the phone is outdated.  It performs the few basic functions I need in a phone just fine.  The only reason I mention it is that some chucklenut I don't even know saw me using my phone earlier and wouldn't shut up about how I need to upgrade.

Confession: I have a hypothetical list of people who will be exiled to asshole island on the off-chance I ever become king.  That phone guy from earlier is definitely going on the boat.

• Haha 5

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/16/2020 at 11:57 AM, Boo said:

Confession: I have a hypothetical list of people who will be exiled to asshole island on the off-chance I ever become king.  That phone guy from earlier is definitely going on the boat.

Confession: King Boo best not be thinking of my island for the location of his exiled assholes...could suggest a few others that would be much more suitable...besides the Brits already did that down here and look how that worked out...one countries assholes became the greatest peeps on earth 😎

Edited by notsmokinjo
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

Confession: King Boo best not be thinking of my island for the location of his exiled assholes...could suggest a few others that would be much more suitable...besides the Brits already did that down here and look how that worked out...one countries assholes became the greatest peeps on earth 😎

I put on my thinking crown and came up with a solution.  I can't imagine any island would want to be an extradition point for the exiled assholes.  One of my first acts as King will be to commandeer cruise ships and exile the aforementioned assholes there.  We don't need a literal island.  We can just put them on a ship and float 'em around in international waters.

I'll even allow the assholes to play shuffleboard and enjoy the water slide.  For I intend to be a merciful king.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Confession: I eat most cereal without milk and in the evening instead of mornings. AND if I'm eating Fruit loops I have to eat them two of the same colors at a time until I get down to the odd ones in the hopes that some day there will be no odd ones left....

Oh and I hate crocs (sorry Jim 😄)

• Haha 4

30 minutes ago, Sazerac said:

I had a friend that poured fruit juice over his cereal.

Nothin wrong with some orange juice on ya rice bubbles, corn flakes or wheatbix even enjoy it on cocopops. Works on museli too...but porridge and all other cereals need milk...except fruit loops or Nutri-Grain which should be eaten dry.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...