Confessions

jillar

Confession: I am guilty of stereotyping/profiling Jo.  I just assume she knows all about boomerangs and kangaroos because she lives in Australia.

Saw this commercial last night while watching a baseball game and immediately thought of Jo...

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Boo said:

Saw this commercial last night while watching a baseball game and immediately thought of Jo...

Gee Boo, that is a really big pouch to fill.  I thought you were a tighty whities type of guy.

• Haha 5

Confession: I was in Red Rooster the other day and they had a music station on the big screen and for 3 songs in a row I did not know the song and I had never heard of the artist and they looked like little kids.... It's official, I'm over the flippin hill.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

14 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

Confession: I was in Red Rooster the other day and they had a music station on the big screen and for 3 songs in a row I did not know the song and I had never heard of the artist and they looked like little kids.... It's official, I'm over the flippin hill.

Join the club.  I don't have a clue who the famous people are anymore.

What's up fellow young people?

image.png.82743bbda55b04f958a6b1130bae2362.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Confession: This morning I laughed so hard at an article with screenshots from Reddit at people from the UK and people from the US laugh at each others vocabulary and expressions. "Spotted Dick" "Juicy Bits" The washer and dryer being in the kitchen instead of a laundry room, the country needing a power surge at tea time from all the kettles being put on for tea (is this really a thing?)  Am I a racist?

Anyone in the UK reading this:  Fight me.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, MichelleDoesntSmokeAnymore said:

I'm a native California girl

I am from boring old Ohio.  My brother lives in California and I find the people to be way laid back.  

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Linda Thomas said:

I am from boring old Ohio.  My brother lives in California and I find the people to be way laid back.  

You want laid back Linda, go to Florida. everytime we go by the time my mom and sister are ready to go anywhere it's too late better luck tomorrow lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, jillar said:

You want laid back Linda, go to Florida. everytime we go by the time my mom and sister are ready to go anywhere it's too late better luck tomorrow lol

My brother and his wife are like that.  They are so unscheduled.  They don't even have a normal meal time.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Linda Thomas said:

My brother lives in California and I find the people to be way laid back.  

They are way more laid back in Seattle. Peace, love, godspeed brother, lets walk our dogs and recycle. Not in all areas of course but Fremont, Greenlake and Ballard for sure. As for California it depends on the area. For God's sake stay away from LA if you want laid back.

That being said, the only other place I've lived besides CA is the Seattle area (see above) so I have no idea what its like to live in any other states. Oh Oh Oh Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada...the epitome of laid back. I spent a week there and was shocked at how kind and laid back everyone was (at least those I interacted with)

Edited by MichelleDoesntSmokeAnymore
  • Like 1

On 7/20/2019 at 3:24 AM, Boo said:

Confession: I am guilty of stereotyping/profiling Jo.  I just assume she knows all about boomerangs and kangaroos because she lives in Australia.

THAT HURT A LITTLE

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MichelleDoesntSmokeAnymore said:

For God's sake stay away from LA if you want laid back.

He lives in Redondo Beach.  It is a beautiful ritzy area but my husband and I feel like we do not fit in.

Oh and the traffic and driving is terrible.  I hate it when my brother picks us up at the airport.  It is a 25 minute drive to his house but he does it in 15 minutes.   I white knuckle it all the way!

@MichelleDoesntSmokeAnymore um yep the poms probably need extra power to allow for the kettle surge..I know Melbourne allows for power surges at home time for the kettles, aircons/heating Being turned on around the same time. Did you know the water/sewerage people also allow for the 6pm get home dunny rush?

Confession: I love that due to our equal saturation of UK and US tv shows I get most ofya slang/terms and take pleasure in how many of mine seem like another language to the lottaya. 

Edited by notsmokinjo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Confession : last night while I was having my moment thanks to the new car smell on the bus I nights, kinda, sorta missed me stop, an the next 2 stops. Made for a long walk home from the bus.. in the dark... In the rain and what did I think? "Oh exercise, @Boo would be proud".

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

10 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

Confession : last night while I was having my moment thanks to the new car smell on the bus I nights, kinda, sorta missed me stop, an the next 2 stops. Made for a long walk home from the bus.. in the dark... In the rain and what did I think? "Oh exercise, @Boo would be proud".

Walking is a great exercise, on its own or as a part of a more comprehensive program.

And for those who say walking is boring, add a bit of variety...

• Haha 5

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/21/2019 at 7:11 PM, notsmokinjo said:

I would bet it was probably taylor swift. I think every song on the radio is her. For us Gen X'ers, every song they played for like 8 years was Madonna, so now the kids have Taylor swift. Sadly enough the kids now will one day say, "We had good music when it was actually artistic." No, their music is "autistic".

I just looked up this week's top 40 songs, I do not know a single one. From most charts in the 80's though, I would know 90% of the songs.

On 7/22/2019 at 12:28 PM, Linda Thomas said:

Here in Indiana, there was some vacation commercial on TV talking about taking a trip to Ohio. The sheer excitement of vacationing in Ohio was causing people to scream and faint, like when The Beatles first came out. But where I am, there is more than corn in Indiana. There is.... there is... well let me get back when I think of something.

Oh my GYOD though do not get me started about those damned "Pure Michigan" commercials.

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

I'm weird about numbers.

I was ready to sign off for the day.  Then I noticed that my post count was at 7699.

Confession: The only reason for this post was to get my count to a nice, rounded, even 7700.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

I can't turn away from the TV when one of those true crime/mystery shows comes on.  If I see more than five minutes of it, I have to watch 'til the end...find out who did it.

One came on after "American Ninja Warrior" last night, I think it was called "Dateline."  They all start pretty much the same: Anytown U.S.A.  God.  Family.  Patriotism....MURDER?

In last night's episode it turned out the wife made up the whole story and convinced the guy she had been banging on the side to kill her husband so they could collect on a life insurance policy and start a new life together.  The whole plan unraveled pretty quickly.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Boo said:

I can't turn away from the TV when one of those true crime/mystery shows comes on.  If I see more than five minutes of it, I have to watch 'til the end...find out who did it.

One came on after "American Ninja Warrior" last night, I think it was called "Dateline."  They all start pretty much the same: Anytown U.S.A.  God.  Family.  Patriotism....MURDER?

In last night's episode it turned out the wife made up the whole story and convinced the guy she had been banging on the side to kill her husband so they could collect on a life insurance policy and start a new life together.  The whole plan unraveled pretty quickly.  

I am addicted to those shows too.  I am always amazed at how a normal family can turn and murder.  I am also fascinated at how they go about solving them.    The more I watch those shows, the more I find myself getting scared easily.   My watchdogs would probably lick a burglar to death!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2