Confessions

jillar

29 minutes ago, Sazerac said:

I didn't quote your post.

Thank you @Sazerac I haven't picked up any new skills from quitting smoking. I can be patient if I think its necessary (although my patience is limited), so I applied my patience to taking things a day at a time for the quit smoking process. I used to deep breathe before, I don't anymore though, and that's because I don't need to use that tool anymore to get past a crave. Maybe I should use it as a tool to calm down when I get angry. Yeah, that's a good idea. I'll try that. Many thanks for getting me to thinking about this. Then again, my patience is limited to how much I can control my anger. What a conundrum.

• Like 3

Your quitting skills will strengthen in time. Look at how far you have come !

Remember you are young in your quit so protect it with your life

and do remember to breathe consciously,  it helps with everything.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Sazerac said:

Your quitting skills will strengthen in time. Look at how far you have come !

Remember you are young in your quit so protect it with your life

and do remember to breathe consciously,  it helps with everything.

@Sazerac Ok, Thank you

Edited by Ankush
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, notsmokinjo said:

Confession: its 2:22am and I just looked at the clock to see an all the same numbers time and now I can't sleep because it might be a bad omen ..and my toes are cold...canned et sleep when me toes are cold

Boy Jo, you are OCD.  I can't sleep when my toes are cold and I can't sleep with socks on.  That is why I let one dog sleep with us.  I stick my feet under her.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, notsmokinjo said:

Confession: its 2:22am and I just looked at the clock to see an all the same numbers time and now I can't sleep because it might be a bad omen ..and my toes are cold...canned et sleep when me toes are cold.

Take a hot bath, don't turn on any lights, get off the screen !, heating pad or hot water bottle ?

I take all the numbers like that or in sequence to be a good omen.

Sweet dreams, bebe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Ankush said:

Confession: I have anger management issues. Don't like this about me, tried to change, but to no avail.

Have you tried working out?

Works like a charm for me.  It gives me a productive way to channel any anger and irritability I have and leaves me feeling relaxed and focused.

The whole "think happy thoughts" thing never really worked for me; getting under the bar and moving some weight always does the trick though.

2 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

Confession: its 2:22am and I just looked at the clock to see an all the same numbers time and now I can't sleep because it might be a bad omen 

Speaking of working out and being weird about numbers...I saw an article the other night where a guy suggested doing 4 sets of 7 reps.  Seems straightforward enough except for...who the hell does seven reps?  You can do a single.  You can do a double.  Three reps is a common number for power training.  Five reps has become a standard for overall strength.  Eight or ten rep sets are common if hypertrophy and/or muscular endurance is your goal.  But nobody does 7 reps!

Confession: I know that last paragraph I wrote serves no purpose whatsoever, but sometimes I get this shit in my head and just can't let go of it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Speaking of working out and being weird about numbers...I saw an article the other night where a guy suggested doing 4 sets of 7 reps.  Seems straightforward enough except for...who the hell does seven reps?  You can do a single.  You can do a double.  Three reps is a common number for power training.  Five reps has become a standard for overall strength.  Eight or ten rep sets are common if hypertrophy and/or muscular endurance is your goal.  But nobody does 7 reps!

Confession: I know that last paragraph I wrote serves no purpose whatsoever, but sometimes I get this shit in my head and just can't let go of it.

cage-face-off-crazy.gif

• Haha 6

13 hours ago, Boo said:

Have you tried working out?

I do work out, at least 4 times a week. I used to think that it would be a great way to channel my anger into something positive, but it turns out it just doesn't work that way for me. It's not like I'm angry while working out. I may be angry before or after exercising or at any time during the day, irrespective of what activity I'm doing during the day, it depends on what's going through my head and if somebody makes me angry. I like to keep calm as far as possible while doing a given activity.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, notsmokinjo said:

I swear a lot

By my experience, many people do that...I've had friends who are like that, I've been like that as well, irrespective of being angry or not. Problem is, it can be misunderstood in so many ways. I suppose its OK to swear, its 2019 after all.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ankush said:

I do work out, at least 4 times a week. I used to think that it would be a great way to channel my anger into something positive, but it turns out it just doesn't work that way for me. It's not like I'm angry while working out. I may be angry before or after exercising or at any time during the day, irrespective of what activity I'm doing during the day, it depends on what's going through my head and if somebody makes me angry. I like to keep calm as far as possible while doing a given activity.

The fact that you are addressing the issue and looking for answers is a great start.  Anger has its time and place, but carrying too much of it around is bad news.

I sincerely hope you find what you're looking for...good luck.

6 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

Wouldn't that be those who follow the 7-4-7 method?

Confession: I 💓 Google.  And I think I might need a subscription to Men's Health magazine.

I had never heard of the 7-4-7 method before.  So I guess there are people who do seven rep sets...bunch of freakin' weirdos.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Ankush said:

By my experience, many people do that...I've had friends who are like that, I've been like that as well, irrespective of being angry or not. Problem is, it can be misunderstood in so many ways. I suppose its OK to swear, its 2019 after all.

We do have a swear thread in the Off the Record...sometimes it's good to unload ,as long as it doesn't hurt anyone ...

• Like 2

@Doreensfree Yes, I've seen that thread. I thought of letting off steam there several times, but eventually decided against it, because some the things I say when I'm angry may be offensive to others on the board (in spite of the thread being a swear thread), even though it won't be directed towards anyone on QuitTrain.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Doreensfree said:

We do have a swear thread in the Off the Record...sometimes it's good to unload ,as long as it doesn't hurt anyone ...

Hey !!! Try Qi Gong ....it's a great way to unwind ....I do it every day ....Chinese Art of relaxation...carnt hurt to try something new...follow it on you tube !!!

• Like 3

Confession: My boss hates the colour green so much when someone leased green cars for the business he tried to send them back and couldn't so he paid out the 3 year contract and returned them so they wouldn't be in our carpark...so for his birthday I had a bunch of green balloons delivered from someone at work who shafted me a few months ago. He's on the bosses shit list now.

Confession: I like to play the long game.

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, jillar said:

What's the long game?

Technically it's test cricket...5 day matches but with the Aussies crashing out to the poms cricket is a sore point at the moment....I was confessing to my like of serving my revenge icy cold.

• Haha 2

Confession: Monday to Friday I course Batman twice a day....in the morning as a run down his flippin hill to catch the bus and every night as I run up the same hill to get to the flippin train, I course Batman, I curse his flippin hill, I course me bloody heels...and half the time I belt down the hill only to have the driver say so sad too bad, bus too full...and then I have to stare at this...

And I course Batman some more...

IMG_20190715_092935.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

I know @reciprocity.....and guess what..they frickin lied...it's always, when this issue is fixed, when that issue is fixed...but it ain't ever Gunna happen...my doctor has eased the restriction on my liscense so I'm looking at new (used) cars ATM....which will make my trip in and out easier each day...and quicker...and less anxiety.

• Like 5