Confessions

jillar

15 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

I just searched the internet to find out what these stupid monkey toys from the 80's were called... @Rozuki...they are monchichi 

It's official...I have no life!

Jo, I didn't realize they had tails!!! They do sort of look like monkeys....have never seen them here in the US....ever!! 🙉

• Like 1

Since we are on the road camping, I just made a huge realization.  I swear my husband has to drain the lizard every 60 miles.  I never used to mind that because that was my time to have a smoke.  This trip,  I am finding myself quite irritated with every stop.   Let us just get on the road and go.  Okay, that is off my chest.  I don't think I could have shared that nonsmoking experience with him!!!!!

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

Let's get this party started shall we ....

When I bought my new phone a year ago I pretended it was problematic so I could end any calls I didn't want to have, or not answer them saying "this phone has never been right?", the phone is fine.

My sister messaged me last year asking if I could have her kids and maybe keep them overnight but I'd already worked out she'd heard an advert for a concert and they are absolute brats...so I said I can't, I'm going to this concert with the kids and then had to spend £400 on tickets lol. It was a great day out though.

My boyfriend and I split in January for about 2 weeks, I messaged and lined up meeting 3 ex's and he was messaging one woman but when I found his I was so mad I put laxatives in his lunch for work for 3 days straight. Then we got back together. I can't really be mad as we both did the same but I never told him I messaged anyone and still talk about that odd stomach ach he had hahahaha. No regrets lol.

I'll need to think of some more, there's loads lol. 

Edited by Marti
  • Haha 3

• 1 month later...

I couldn't decide between a chocolate pudding or a bowl of vanilla ice cream so I thought about mixing the pudding into the ice cream because I'm not a big fan of boring vanilla ice cream. THEN I thought hmmmm, I could make a Dr.pepper float with the ice cream but since its kinda late for caffeine it'll have to wait until tomorrow.

So a beer it is 😋

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

So for those of you who frequent some of the seedier social threads will know I have a touch of the OCDs...to the point I glue my daughter's school socks to her legs so they stay up and are perfectly level...now before you get all freaked and start calling child services.....I use a ligit product called sock glue, you get it from Irish dance stuppliers so how could it be wrong...and meh, so the kid has a permenant bald stripe ringing each leg, if you look closely you will notice they are perfectly symmetrical and even on both legs...ok so now you have the personality background...hold your horses my friends as the wierdness gets, well wierder......after confessing to my issues about sickest being perfectly level and even and wot not and being known to conduct image quality control based on this I must now confess....I can not wear matching socks because it's bag luck, yep you heard it here first, the sick nazi ( as the kid has dubbed me) can not wear matching socks because if I do bad things will happen...I have taken this to the extreme of sewing beads etc on one sick of a pair so that they do not match (technically) but I can still be in sport uniform.....and to take things to the extreme I have been known, on occassion, to wear odd thongs...because clearly that brings good luck.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, notsmokinjo said:

So for those of you who frequent some of the seedier social threads will know I have a touch of the OCDs

Please tell me you don't fold your toilet paper to a point!.  You can not use the bathroom at my mom's unless you fold the toilet paper into a point after you use it!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

No folding of the dunny paper...but I have been known to put the notes in my purse in denomination order, and serial number order, with all the little windows facing the same way.... I may have even ironed a note before because it was crinkly... Not my most stellar idea considering our notes are plastic and irons melt plastic...oops at least it was only a fiver so I only melted the queen's face...and maybe cans in the pantry have been alphabetized...but we don't have much in cans.. i don't see myself being able to use your mum's dunny...and hey I might glue the kids socks to her legs but my rule is as long as it doesn't smell and she can shut the door if she wants to have a bedroom where the wardrobe is the floor...that's her problem not mine.

• Haha 5

• 2 weeks later...

Confession: my sister and I made Sister Sledge's song We Are Family 'our song'. So to this day no matter where I am or who I'm with I have to stop what I'm doing and call my sister and hold the phone up to the speaker until the words 'i got all my sisters with me'. I change that line to 'i got my big sister with me' . The same goes for the line 'get up everybody and sing' which I change to 'get up little Lisa and sing'.

No matter how much I try to resist calling, I can't. I HAVE to call. AND after I sing that I instantly hang up Lol

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, jillar said:

Confession: my sister and I made Sister Sledge's song We Are Family 'our song'. So to this day no matter where I am or who I'm with I have to stop what I'm doing and call my sister and hold the phone up to the speaker until the words 'i got all my sisters with me'. I change that line to 'i got my big sister with me' . The same goes for the line 'get up everybody and sing' which I change to 'get up little Lisa and sing'.

No matter how much I try to resist calling, I can't. I HAVE to call. AND after I sing that I instantly hang up Lol

That actually is heartwarming.  To have a special relationship with your sister.  I always wanted a sister.  I had three brothers.

• Like 3

When Pope John Paul II came to Sydney to beatify Mary MacKillop (son not quite Saint her)...every Mary MacKillop school in Aus and NZ sent acts to Sydney for a spesh concert in the park....so our school did a dance to We Are Family with some minor Aussie celebs singing and now every time I hear it I have to stop and do the chorus bit.

• Like 4

Might as well confess this: I misspell a lot of words.  Some words I misspell consistently (or is it consistantly?).

The reason for this confession is that my spellcheck function is not working.  I don't know if it's a change here at QuitTrain or if the settings on my computer changed.  I just know that there are no red squiggly lines under words that I typed wrong anymore.

There will be mistakes along the way, but I will make every effort to spell rite and talk gud.

image.png.6c0a50f3fa7002b5101e29b959038ea4.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Boo said:

Might as well confess this: I misspell a lot of words.  Some words I misspell consistently (or is it consistantly?).

That is okay Boo.  We still love you.

My computer still shows the red line under misspelled word on Quittrain.

My husband married me for my spelling.  I used to be embarrassed when he would leave me love notes and the words were a mess.  Now I love him more for them.  They make my day!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

That's so sweet @Linda Thomas 😘

Your post reminded me of me thinking my husband couldn't read when we first started dating because he always wanted me to read everything for him. Turned out he just needed glasses 😄😄😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Linda Thomas said:

My computer still shows the red line under misspelled word on Quittrain.

It wasn't the Quit Train and it wasn't my computer.  Turns out it was a change in the settings on my search engine that caused my spellcheck to go away.

Confession: I am spellcheck dependent.

2 hours ago, Sazerac said:

Consistently is with an 'E', I looked it up.  LOL.

It's the "E's", "A's", and "I's" that give me the most trouble.  I suffer from irritable vowel syndrome.

Confession: I can't resist the urge to make really bad, punny jokes.

• Haha 6

Just now, Boo said:

Confession: I can't resist the urge to make really bad, punny jokes.

^Dad training?

We had to turn the "red snakes" off because the kid has panic attacks because her dyslexic spelling is so "creative" the suggestions are never right and it's all just too stressful.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Ankush said:

Confession: I have anger management issues. Don't like this about me, tried to change, but to no avail.

Don't join in the numbers game then A ...sticks and chicks ...No you best stay away ...

But chicks ..you all can join in ...we need a win ....

• Haha 5

39 minutes ago, Doreensfree said:

Don't join in the numbers game then A ...sticks and chicks ...No you best stay away ...

I never understood the rules of "sticks and chicks". As far as I could figure it out, well...no, I couldn't figure it out at all.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Ankush said:

Confession: I have anger management issues. Don't like this about me, tried to change, but to no avail.

Ankush, your post inspired me to write Transferable Quit Skills this morning.

Of course, I didn't quote your post.

I wanted to express that skills learned in the process of quitting can be transferred to other issues we may have,

it grew into an essay and I thought, it will be useful to hear from others how 'quit smoking skills' have helped them with other issues.

You can change most anything, you have proven that to yourself by quitting smoking !

• Like 2