Confessions

jillar

15 minutes ago, Linda Thomas said:

55!  That is still young.  I guess I would be the old fart.  Of course, not to old to have fun!  The three of us together, might be kicked out of the park lol.

Mmmmm....I guess I'm in the old fart bracket too.....we would be arrested lol....

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Doreensfree said:

Mmmmm....I guess I'm in the old fart bracket too.....we would be arrested lol....

What's wrong with bring frisked by a cute young cop?! 🤣

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

@jillar it means that once they are paired you can take calls without using your phone. So when you next get in car get hubby to call you and there will be an answer button on or near your radio. Sometimes it's a red/green button and sometimes a phone handset on or off. Only downside it's loud speaker so everyone in the car hears the call. 

You can also play music from your phone through the speakers. 

There's a few other things you can do too 😀

• Thanks 1

Music from my flip phone? Lol  Thank you for the clues. I'll try that the next time I'm in the car. So since I was able to pair my phone then I guess I wouldn't need the onstar hands free calling?

1 hour ago, jillar said:

Music from my flip phone? Lol  Thank you for the clues. I'll try that the next time I'm in the car. So since I was able to pair my phone then I guess I wouldn't need the onstar hands free calling?

Ha ha ha maybe not music with a flip phone 😀😀😀

With mine I paired my phone with the car. Then whenever I'm in it it has all my numbers stored on the car. If someone calls me while I'm driving I just press the green button on my radio bit and I've answered the call. Then you just speak like normal and that's it - you're hands free 😀

Edited to say I practiced first by sitting on the drive and getting someone to call me from the house. I had to turn the key in the ignition to get everything to light up on the dash and turn on the radio but didn't start the engine. 

You'll love it once you've practiced and get familiar with it x

Edited by Lilly
  • Thanks 1

Thanks @Lilly, in my last car I had to buy minutes every year and use the hands free calling that comes with onstar because it wouldn't pair with my flip phone. The minutes expire in a year unless you buy more and then they roll over so I had over 200 unused minutes when the car got totaled! 

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Is there no way to get refunded Jillar. That's a bummer but I'm just glad you were ok ♥️

I got refunded for the month of Onstar but not for the hands free minutes. They showed I had 30 minutes that were set to expire in May. Apparently my minutes were erased by the accident?! But, since you have to choose your battles that is one I didn't want to fight over....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I wear my watch on my right wrist because my elbow gets sore if I wear it on the left.

Still on watches, I wear it sideways, so the face is inline with my thumb on the side of my arm...why cos then I don't have to twist my wrist to see it...yes I am that lazy 😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, jillar said:

@notsmokinjo are you one of those who wear a watch but look at their cellphone to see what time it is? 😂

🤫 Sometimes.... I think I wear it so I can twist the clicky dial thing on the outside when I'm fidgety...drives the cow t work bonkers....she raded me desk and stole all me click pens.

• Haha 1

I will confess  that I can't wear jewelry of any kind .... watches, rings or anything. It's not an allergic thing it's a mental thing. I get all claustrophobic or something and simply can't function at all until I get that stuff off my body. Jewelry is my Kryptonite I guess 😞 

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, reciprocity said:

I will confess  that I can't wear jewelry of any kind .... watches, rings or anything. It's not an allergic thing it's a mental thing. I get all claustrophobic or something and simply can't function at all until I get that stuff off my body. Jewelry is my Kryptonite I guess 😞 

Does that include a wedding band.  If I was your wife, I would worry about all those cute ladies in thongs, on the cruises, chasing after you!

Edited by Linda Thomas
  • Haha 2

Yes it does and she knew that going in. I wore one for the wedding day and that's it! I don't even know where it is now. I suspect the wife put it away somewhere. I also have a gold & diamond ring that my father wore. My mother gave it to me when he died and I suspect it's worth a bunch. I never wore it other then when I go to her house. I sort of slip it on and off as required when I;m there. So far .... it's worked.

Oh and ladies in thongs or anything else chasing me ...... LOL!! I'm pretty sure they are running in the other direction :) 

rkd40i.jpg

Edited by reciprocity
  • Haha 5