Confessions

jillar

Why wouldn't I time warp? Halloween's just not a thing here... the shops are trying to make it a thing... the kids would like it to be a thing..... but it isn't really....

Confession: I was shitty the kids first dance (blue light disco) was a halloween themed dress up one and I contemplated not letting her go.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

Confession: I love living in Australia where I don't need to buy halloween candy.

I live out in the sticks now.  Up a mountain, in a house that you can't see from the road.  I would be really surprised if we get any trick-or-treaters at our front door.

Should probably buy some candy...just in case.  If we do get any little ghouls showing up looking for treats and all I have to give them is green juice and omega rich fish oil supplements, those little buggers are going to throw eggs at everything I own.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 10/27/2018 at 4:28 PM, c9jane29 said:

Confession: I feel a *little* annoying when I go thru to check on our new train riders...

24xhzyw.gif

But, I just want them to come play with us sooo bad...

10xty0k.jpg

There is a new stick playing the numbers game...the fun has begun chicklettes...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I hear ya Jo.. I only threw out my mist spray 2 weeks ago.. I had never used it but worried that if I didn't have it and I had a massive crave that could be the barrier between smoking and not smoking.. Stupid I know because it's never gonna happen and I would probably have been sick if I used it cos it was 3 months outta date..?

• Like 6

Confession: When I teach the kid to make one of my dishes I resent that I can't just give her a recipe and be done with it.. her dyselxia means I have to measure things out in cups and re-do a colour coded recipe for her and its just easier to do shit meself... and then I feel like a bad mum. ? ? ?

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

Confession: When I teach the kid to make one of my dishes I resent that I can't just give her a recipe and be done with it.. her dyselxia means I have to measure things out in cups and re-do a colour coded recipe for her and its just easier to do shit meself... and then I feel like a bad mum. ? ? ?

We're just finding out my son is dyslexic...he hid it well; memorizing words and books but when they started doing real math in school...it was bad. 

He has a lazy eye (not terrible but it sucks) we've been working on that for 2 years and I really think that's why.

Patience and just breathe?

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I now have different colour measuring cups and spoons... so it says what colour she needs (ie green = 1/4)... but most of what I cook now is just in my head.. so I have to make them then write them down, measure out in cups how much of anything I use... however.. she will have a lovely recipe book with matching audio for life so its ok. Sounds like your little fella has stealth dyslexia... often hidden really well until years 5-8... when the wheels suddenly fall off the bus... Its because most dyslexics have really high IQs and are able to hide it to a certain extent. I have been riding the dyslexia mum bus for 5 years now so if you want any info or advice happy to help. I have files of info.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
8 hours ago, jillar said:

Confession: last week I became eligible to live in a senior mobile home park 😞

I am right behind you.  Just around the corner for me.  We could always chuck the husbands, move in together and have a blast. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, Linda Thomas said:

I am right behind you.  Just around the corner for me.  We could always chuck the husbands, move in together and have a blast. lol

In California our senior mobile home parks are 55 and over. So whenever you and Doreen are ready.....😂

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Linda Thomas said:

Cool! This is my dream. Being able to travel around the country at will and always have the comforts of home.

I expect it'll be a little cozy for all 3 of ya tho 😆

dm64jd.jpg

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, jillar said:

n California our senior mobile home parks are 55 and over. So whenever you and Doreen are ready.....😂

55!  That is still young.  I guess I would be the old fart.  Of course, not to old to have fun!  The three of us together, might be kicked out of the park lol.

• Haha 2