QuitTrain and QSMB !!!!

It feels great to see so many familiar usernames from QSMB. This place popped up on Google and when I saw the familiar usernames it made me happy to join. Just settling in and looking through the threads now. 

Shall be back pledging NOPE in no time and continuing my life time quit.

• Like 6

On 3/9/2018 at 10:08 PM, Fab said:

Gabes, great to see you, I took a screen shot of the old version you created. Have plastered it everywhere. Gave me comfort when QSMB went down. Grateful to QT!      

That is awesome. I'm glad it helped!

• Like 2

On 12/03/2018 at 5:58 AM, MrTitwank said:

We welcome everyone that wants to quit smoking.

Rules:

1 - Pig lover is My babe. MY babe.

2- Dont be a total asshole.

Thats it. Lets kick this addiction then.

Hey Pork Chop your rules are way better than Bakon's... And look just for you I spoke all nice. :D

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Hello, all! I'm so happy to have "found" you! I had a moment a couple of days ago where some smoking thoughts started creeping in and I got online to come to QSMB and found it wasn't there. I must say I was in a bit of shock. I then remembered Quit Train. So happy to find you all here! Did everyone know that QSMB was going away or did it just happen out of the blue? I'm just wondering if everyone over on the other site knew/knows about Quit Train? Does anyone have the 2017 Smokebusters logo? I'd like to put it back on my profile. Thanks and good to see you all! 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Gigi74 said:

Hello, all! I'm so happy to have "found" you! I had a moment a couple of days ago where some smoking thoughts started creeping in and I got online to come to QSMB and found it wasn't there. I must say I was in a bit of shock. I then remembered Quit Train. So happy to find you all here! Did everyone know that QSMB was going away or did it just happen out of the blue? I'm just wondering if everyone over on the other site knew/knows about Quit Train? Does anyone have the 2017 Smokebusters logo? I'd like to put it back on my profile. Thanks and good to see you all! 

Hey stranger.   Didn't know if I'd see you again.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Wayne045 said:

Hey stranger.   Didn't know if I'd see you again.

Hi, Wayne! Glad to see you over here and still doing well. I'm glad I found you guys too. I was pretty taken aback when I went to the site and it wasn't there. I think I tried it a couple of times just to make sure I was typing in the url correctly! Everyone here has been so nice and welcoming. How are things with you?

On 3/14/2018 at 8:13 AM, Gigi74 said:

Hi, Wayne! Glad to see you over here and still doing well. I'm glad I found you guys too. I was pretty taken aback when I went to the site and it wasn't there. I think I tried it a couple of times just to make sure I was typing in the url correctly! Everyone here has been so nice and welcoming. How are things with you?

You know the usual day to day stuff.

• Still not smoking.
  • Inching closer to 2 years quit, although I suspect it won't be as exciting as the first year.
  • Wondering what's above the lido deck and what's the view look like
  • Getting one year closer to my goal of being a non-smoker longer than I was a smoker.
  • Waiting for spring to arrive.
  • Looking to hire an electrician to do some electrical work.
  • Contemplating replacing the bathroom faucets.
  • Wondering what happened to Avian

When QSMB went off the air, I wasn't too inclined to join another board as I hadn't been keeping up and posting very much.   But then I saw you and Jillar were here and decided to join and maybe offer the occasional nugget of advice and wisdom such as it may be.

• Like 4

Did anyone use a program like HTTrack to make a copy of the qsmb at some point before it went down? I know that when it went down previously there was some talk of doing that for private use. Please pm if you have heard anything about this.

2 hours ago, onthemark said:

Did anyone use a program like HTTrack to make a copy of the qsmb at some point before it went down? I know that when it went down previously there was some talk of doing that for private use. Please pm if you have heard anything about this.

@Nancy posted this before:

https://web.archive.org/web/*/http://quitsmokingmessageboard.com/

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wayne045 said:

• Still not smoking.
  • Inching closer to 2 years quit, although I suspect it won't be as exciting as the first year.
  • Getting one year closer to my goal of being a non-smoker longer than I was a smoker.

When QSMB went off the air, I wasn't too inclined to join another board as I hadn't been keeping up and posting very much.   But then I saw you and Jillar were here and decided to join and maybe offer the occasional nugget of advice and wisdom such as it may be.

Avian is doing well!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I am so grateful so many of you found your way here....I know in the first year of my quit (even 2) I would have panicked if the place I called home just vanished..along with my family on there.  I would have been so lost.  With the amount of people here from the qsmb, I can imagine it feels as close to home as can be and that must be such a comfort.  Plus....we have so many new people to get to know and join together in the war against nicotine addiction!  Love the energy here!  I am excited for the quittrain and for all of you!

a big HUGE welcome!!

• Like 10

On 3/18/2018 at 9:22 AM, Wayne045 said:

• Still not smoking.

I'm so glad that you decided to join! I hadn't been coming as much and even though I don't think about smoking as much, I think I need to remind myself to come more often and to never really let my guard down. I lost another quit a few years ago because I became too complacent and fell into the "I can have just one trap". I won't let that happen again. Plus, it's good to keep up with everyone and touch base to see how everyone is. I always appreciate your kind words and your advice. Hope you stick around too!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sslip said:

If we're all in first class, I'd hate to see what second class looks like.

4 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

I thought we had the caboose.

If they ever let me drive the train, it won't matter much where you're sitting :51_scream:

2qjaaso.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

• 1 month later...

I quit almost 4 years ago & qsmb was a massive part of my quit .in the last couple of years I would occasionally go & read on there to keep my quit strong. ..until I discovered it was no more...... glad to see such a happy merging of the 2 sites!!! Hi to anyone who remembers me & every one whose never heard of me too!!!

Edited by Fizzie
Missed a bit
  • Like 5