QuitTrain and QSMB !!!!

35 minutes ago, Cbdave said:

Gday

Does anyone know why it died?

C

All I know is that admin said that it could die at any time. There appeared to be issues with the owners, i.e. not being easily  contactable, whether the domain etc was paid for. this is what I gathered from posts last time it went offline. It is a shame in that it had such a rich history and was a thriving community at different points in time.

we had logos... here's the class of 2017 image.png

BUT even more important ... I think I found the boards official lolly ..... they even ave a raspberry flavour one for peeps like me who av tastbuds an know licorice is evil:

http://www.candytime.com.au/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/362x/db978388cfd007780066eaab38556cef/c/h/choo-choo-bar_3.png 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Nancy said:

We really don't know...I think the site was just abandoned by the owners.

That's what I figured as well, and it is really a shame.  I do miss QSMB but I am grateful for this place.

I am also grateful that this place is owned by a quitter (MarylandQuitter) who is passionate about helping others quit and is involved on this board. 

I got the sense that QSMB ownership abandoned that place a while back and it was unsettling to me over the past few months.  MQ's presence and dedication to QuitTrain is very much appreciated by me.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Cbdave said:

Gday

Does anyone know why it died?

C

No idea but I can make a guess. Short story: Not worth the 'owners' time and energy and obviously didn't think a site with the potential to save lives was worth anything.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

I personally think the new owners bought the name quitsmoking.com to sell their quit smoking products only and that there was nothing to gain by keeping the message board going. The store was updated and their products are sold through several different sites including Amazon. There is no need to maintain a forum in their view.

Like Johnny5 said we are very fortunate to have this site, provided to us by a former smoker, welcome us all no strings attached. I thank you again  Marylandquitter and everyone else who have welcomed us unconditionally.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

You know though, the tobacco companies hate forums like this. A place where even a few people encourage others not to smoke and KTQ. They hate it. Big tobacco loses money because of forums like this or any quit site.

So whether you are from QT, QSMB, or any other, we all have this in common -

We are, by NOT opening our wallets to big tobacco, telling them to cram it in their asses.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

^^^^ This  ^^^^^

We are group of good people who refuse to be ruled by the big tobacco companies... Who don't care how many good people they kill...just to make money...

We are fighting the same fight...

This is us saying ...NOPE .....

2 boards ..or 1.board....the fight is the same....

Quitting with a group is much more fun...

• Like 12

18 minutes ago, Jetblack said:

If this place hasn't thrown my smart ass off yet, then I think few others really have to worry.

I thought you were gonna get your a*s blown outta here a couple of times ..... LOL!

SNSBAif.gif

Edited by reciprocity
  • Haha 3

On 07/03/2018 at 2:34 AM, Gabes said:

Hello Everybody.

I come bearing gifts!

29monxc.jpg                         2w6aomf.jpg

Gabes, great to see you, I took a screen shot of the old version you created. Have plastered it everywhere. Gave me comfort when QSMB went down. Grateful to QT!      

128E7C5E-EC33-42C2-8BD9-0716EB3B6D49.jpeg

• Like 3

Another one who is made up to have found this place after the demise of QSMB. Glad to see many of the regulars from QSMB on here aswell. I joined QSMB around my quit day of 1/1/18 and was really helped by the site. Been struggling a bit this past week or two but still a non smoker, and still fully determined.

I'm sure my quit will get an added boost  now I'm back amongst my fellow quitters.

• Like 14

Welcome tocevoD! Glad to hear your young quit is still in place :) There are many old friends here and some new ones to make as well. The great part is, we're all quitters and here to help others. Buckle up your seat belt and enjoy your ride on Quit Train!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, tocevoD said:

Another one who is made up to have found this place after the demise of QSMB. Glad to see many of the regulars from QSMB on here aswell. I joined QSMB around my quit day of 1/1/18 and was really helped by the site. Been struggling a bit this past week or two but still a non smoker, and still fully determined.

I'm sure my quit will get an added boost  now I'm back amongst my fellow quitters.

Hi tocevoD, I'm so glad you found us :) I'm sorry you've been struggling this week. Stick close and SOS or vent or whatever you need to do to keep that awesome quit. This is a great pace and has been very welcoming to all us :)

• Like 1

Hey tocevoD.  Glad you found this place and I'm glad you are still smoke free. 

If you are struggling or are tempted to smoke, come to this site and let us know.  You are doing great in your quit and nothing is worth going back to cigarettes.

• Like 1