QuitTrain and QSMB !!!!

There is such a vast difference between the board members. I put on my pants one leg at a time, reciprocity doesn't appear to wear pants.

You folks have been great. I'm not one for change really. It took me something like 273,000 smokes to figure out that I could stop. I really need/needed a place to vent/rant so that I wouldn't go outside and have number 273,001.

There is a common bond already between us, once we get to know one another you'll get to understand that keeping the coocoo inside the clock is tough with all of us :-)

I really do miss going back and reading some of the things that I used on the old board. My own posts from as far back as 2014 were some of my motivation for no wanting to ever quit again.

The people on the board are sometimes what helps me not smoke. Knowing that if I just come hear and write, and read, and read, and write, that enough time will have passed that I won't need a smoke. It is a very fragile thing for me, there were folks on Q that I used as mentors and there are folks that I want to help in their quit. It's therapeutic for me.  Something I finally came to terms with because of a few special folks is that I am a NICOTINE ADDICT. I can not help myself if I smoke. Not a single puff.

A little time, and a little trust, and we will be one big neurotic family who doesn't lite things on fire and put them in our mouths.

I wish you all peace in your quit

R

• Like 15

16 hours ago, RoryPlog said:

There is such a vast difference between the board members. I put on my pants one leg at a time, reciprocity doesn't appear to wear pants.

You folks have been great. I'm not one for change really. It took me something like 273,000 smokes to figure out that I could stop. I really need/needed a place to vent/rant so that I wouldn't go outside and have number 273,001.

There is a common bond already between us, once we get to know one another you'll get to understand that keeping the coocoo inside the clock is tough with all of us :-)

I really do miss going back and reading some of the things that I used on the old board. My own posts from as far back as 2014 were some of my motivation for no wanting to ever quit again.

The people on the board are sometimes what helps me not smoke. Knowing that if I just come hear and write, and read, and read, and write, that enough time will have passed that I won't need a smoke. It is a very fragile thing for me, there were folks on Q that I used as mentors and there are folks that I want to help in their quit. It's therapeutic for me.  Something I finally came to terms with because of a few special folks is that I am a NICOTINE ADDICT. I can not help myself if I smoke. Not a single puff.

A little time, and a little trust, and we will be one big neurotic family who doesn't lite things on fire and put them in our mouths.

I wish you all peace in your quit

R

Rory, all may not be lost. Thanks to Nancy for posting about the way back machine https://web.archive.org/web/*/http://quitsmokingmessageboard.com/

This site has archived snapshots of our site so you may be able to find some of your posts :)

Edited by jillar
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Unite us??... mate ya do realise I'd fucken unpacked and had me feet on the coffee table about 10mins after walking in the door... ya stvck with me now... i just figured it was a done fvcken deal that we were united???

but seriously, you guys have been so cool and accepting. Obviously I have issues and when I need to be emotional my default setting is glib, or obnoxious... just seems safer that way.

Edited by notsmokinjo
  • Like 9
  • Haha 6