Questions, questions....

So I'm still figuring my way around and have a couple questions maybe someone can answer? How do I go to the first unread post in a thread?  Is there a way to see who is in chat? Do all celebrations go in the celebration thread even if it's six months or yearly?. And lastly I'm a little freaked out that people are following me as I am an animal of prey after all rolling-on-the-floor-laughing-smiley-emo

But seriously any help will be appreciated :)

• Like 1

When I first got here and was poking around, I put some pictures in my gallery. I wanted them to be for me as inspiration to stay quit.

They went to the public forum - is there any way to remove them?

Also, if I start a blog, is there any way I can keep it from showing up on the main page? It isn't that I want to keep it secret, I just don't want it quite so out there.

And just one suggestion...on the main page, my suggestion would be to only have new topics show up under TOPICS. I miss the new topics because they get bumped by all the game posts.

Plus an SOS is more easily seen if it were to show up (and stay) under TOPICS.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, beazel said:

When I first got here and was poking around, I put some pictures in my gallery. I wanted them to be for me as inspiration to stay quit.

Also, if I start a blog, is there any way I can keep it from showing up on the main page? It isn't that I want to keep it secret, I just don't want it quite so out there.

And just one suggestion...on the main page, my suggestion would be to only have new topics show up under TOPICS. I miss the new topics because they get bumped by all the game posts.

I don't think the mods read this thread beazel :(  So I imported a pic to see if I could figure it out for you. Go to gallery, click on one of your pics then click on the left on the name you selected (Beazel) From there, on the left you will see a manage album box. Click on that and there is a privacy setting :)

So I guess the privacy button doesn't work beazel because I have a tried deleting the pic I put on several times and it's stil there lol. Sorry I couldn't help you :(

Edited by jillar
  • Thanks 1

On 3/1/2018 at 11:08 AM, jillar said:

So I'm still figuring my way around and have a couple questions maybe someone can answer? How do I go to the first unread post in a thread?  Is there a way to see who is in chat? Do all celebrations go in the celebration thread even if it's six months or yearly?. And lastly I'm a little freaked out that people are following me as I am an animal of prey after all rolling-on-the-floor-laughing-smiley-emo

Hi there, just noticing this.  To answer your questions yes, all celebrations go in the celebration forum regardless of the time quit.  You are of course welcome to post one anywhere.  I'll find out about the picture privacy.  I've  never put any here so not sure.  I'll get back on that one.  With the Easter holiday coming, I'm not surprised people are following you...

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Jenny said:

With the Easter holiday coming, I'm not surprised people are following you...

rolling.gif

Thanks for the clues Jenny, one other thing (I'm a pain in the arse lol), I put a pic in the gallery to try to help beazel figure out the settings and I have deleted it about 10 times now only to have it still be there lol. What step am I missing?

Edited by jillar

When I am on my laptop tomorrow I'm going to look around at the pics, deleting and making private.  My phone just isn't cutting it.  Lol.  Checking on privacy of blogs as well.  No one's ever asked!

• Thanks 1

On 3/4/2018 at 9:05 AM, beazel said:

Hi Beazel, I can delete those pics if you would like.  Then you can upload them with the private settings on.  Let me know if you need help with how to set your pics to private when you upload them.  I don't see a way to make them private once they go to the public forum.   Blogs can be private too.  When you create a new blog you are asked if you want to share with all or just a select few.  Choose the option that you want to choose who sees it and then put your user name as the only one who can see it.   

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jenny said:

Hi Beazel, I can delete those pics if you would like.  Then you can upload them with the private settings on.  Let me know if you need help with how to set your pics to private when you upload them.  I don't see a way to make them private once they go to the public forum.   Blogs can be private too.  When you create a new blog you are asked if you want to share with all or just a select few.  Choose the option that you want to choose who sees it and then put your user name as the only one who can see it.   

Hi Jenny! Yes please delete those pictures...thank you so much!!!

If I decide to do anything else that I don't understand how to do, I will get hold of you!!!!!!!!

Thanks again!!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jillar said:

rolling.gif

Thanks for the clues Jenny, one other thing (I'm a pain in the arse lol), I put a pic in the gallery to try to help beazel figure out the settings and I have deleted it about 10 times now only to have it still be there lol. What step am I missing?

Not sure why you can't delete it but let me know if you want me to delete yours as well.  :)

22 minutes ago, beazel said:

Hi Jenny! Yes please delete those pictures...thank you so much!!!

If I decide to do anything else that I don't understand how to do, I will get hold of you!!!!!!!!

Thanks again!!

I'm looking into why they wouldn't delete for you.  Might be members don't have rights to delete from the public gallery.  Not sure but if I find out I'll post it here.  Passing on your topic suggestion as well.  Pics are all gone.

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Jenny said:

Not sure why you can't delete it but let me know if you want me to delete yours as well.  :)

I'm looking into why they wouldn't delete for you.  Might be members don't have rights to delete from the public gallery.  Not sure but if I find out I'll post it here.  Passing on your topic suggestion as well.  Pics are all gone.

Yes Jenny, I would like to delete that pic too, thank you :)

You should now be able to see who is in chat and or how many people.

• Thanks 1

On 3/4/2018 at 9:05 AM, beazel said:

When you create an image gallery, the pictures can only be viewed by members, not guests or "lurkers".  When you create your own gallery, the pictures will stay in your gallery and will not automatically show up on the message board, or "public forum".  Once in your gallery, the pictures can be easily inserted into any of your posts.

Blogs:  You can now create private blogs, delete blog content, moderate your blogs etc.  Full permissions have been enabled for members.  If you create a blog that is not private, it is still only able to be viewed by members, not guests.  If you create a private blog, it will not show up on the main page.

SOS's:  You can choose to follow the SOS board and each time a new thread is created, you will get an email alert.

You can see all the topics which you haven't read by clicking the "unread content" link below in the screenshot.  The second screenshot is what the page of unread content looks like.

Screenshot-2018-3-8 Quit Train®, A Quit Smoking Support Group.png

This is what the page of unread content looks like.

Screenshot-2018-3-8 Unread Content - Quit Train®, A Quit Smoking Support Group.png

Simply click on the date under the last post and it will take you there.

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, MarylandQuitter said:

You should now be able to see who is in chat and or how many people.

Thank you so much MarylandQuitter :) And on behalf of all of our refugees from QSMB thank you very much for taking us in and welcoming us so unconditionally :)

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

Last night all that needed to be done was tell the poster to goto chat or private message them, when issues like that came up on QSMB they would be told to goto chat to walk them through it "when chat was working there" i remember. Also over there @ qsmb they could even make a private one on one chat link if the quitter was more comfortable

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/3/2018 at 3:22 PM, jillar said:

@MarylandQuitter is there any plans to fix chat so that we can see if anyone is in there? The only reason I'm asking again is that it would have come in handy last night when a member needed some help. Thank you

Yes absolutely. This is not an easy fix because we now have to use 3rd party chat apps. We've been looking into this for least 2 months now.  That is the goal and one way or another, we'll get it how we want it. 

• Thanks 1