Jump to content

What are you doing right now


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just watched my last grand baby graduate.  He grew up so fast.  A very special grandson.

Just got back from the pulmonologist and he said I don't have Fibrosis! Yippee!!!! I responded well to the z pack and after I get this blood pressure down you guys will be stuck with me for a while lo

Playing catch up with all the stuff I missed the past 3 days.... its been busy... so for those not in the know I got a new job... they are working around my medical appointments and health and eventua

Posted Images

Waiting on a train home...had a blast with Doreen and Nicky...although there may have been guest appearances from some of you mob at lunch. So in typical Melbourne style we ate all round the world...German for lunch, yep D got some sausage, then Street side at a laneway cafe for coffees..then dinner was Italian...I had the bestest day ever....but will now be obsessed with finding my mystical feather that the wheel of fortune said is coming. 

 

 

Edited by notsmokinjo
Personal images removed.
  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, notsmokinjo said:

IMG_20191205_175026.thumb.jpg.32fedc4912a140c5045223a12f58578a.jpgWaiting on a train home...had a blast with Doreen and Nicky...although there may have been guest appearances from some of you mob at lunch. So in typical Melbourne style we ate all round the world...German for lunch, yep D got some sausage, then Street side at a laneway cafe for coffees..then dinner was Italian...I had the bestest day ever....but will now be obsessed with finding my mystical feather that the wheel of fortune said is coming. 

 

IMG_20191205_142804_17CS.jpg

 

 

OH !  My Beautiful Women !  

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2019 at 6:50 AM, notsmokinjo said:

IMG_20191205_175026.thumb.jpg.32fedc4912a140c5045223a12f58578a.jpgWaiting on a train home...had a blast with Doreen and Nicky...although there may 

 

Horny Toad and Loony Bird Rendezvous Down Under.  It has all the makings of a summertime buddy comedy.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

Sitting with ice on me shoulder waiting on me dad to come strap me wrist...cos the wheel fell off the car goin' 80 on the roundabout. So handbreak stop in a 3tonne ute with 3 wheels and driving on the hub....biggest frickin insult got sunburnt waitin for the frickin towie. 

 

Am I supposed to be driving...No!

So I say to the kids dad, time to pick her up from the sleep over (4 suburbs away 40 min drive) .. no he can't be stuffed, chucks a frickin man tantrum wobbly so even though my BP is spaz and I'm not deposed to be driving I go to get the kid. Half way home, doing 80km/hr (50m/hr) in his twin cab ute there is a loud explosion, the steering is shot and I'm figgering the tires blown...then there is the grinding squeal of metal on asphalt an I'm thinking fruck now I gotta change the tire and the rims shot and I'm trying to change lanes and pull over using the hand break and steer the fruckin  tank  one  handed  and  calm the kid and what comes bouncing past me passenger window but the fruckin rear tire. ... How! How the fruck do 6 bolts snap and a whole wheel come off?

  • Sad 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

Sitting with ice on me shoulder waiting on me dad to come strap me wrist...cos the wheel fell off the car goin' 80 on the roundabout. So handbreak stop in a 3tonne ute with 3 wheels and driving on the hub....biggest frickin insult got sunburnt waitin for the frickin towie. 

 

Am I supposed to be driving...No!

So I say to the kids dad, time to pick her up from the sleep over (4 suburbs away 40 min drive) .. no he can't be stuffed, chucks a frickin man tantrum wobbly so even though my BP is spaz and I'm not deposed to be driving I go to get the kid. Half way home, doing 80km/hr (50m/hr) in his twin cab ute there is a loud explosion, the steering is shot and I'm figgering the tires blown...then there is the grinding squeal of metal on asphalt an I'm thinking fruck now I gotta change the tire and the rims shot and I'm trying to change lanes and pull over using the hand break and steer the fruckin  tank  one  handed  and  calm the kid and what comes bouncing past me passenger window but the fruckin rear tire. ... How! How the fruck do 6 bolts snap and a whole wheel come off?

 

If you shouldn't be driving why are you doing it?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cbdave said:

G’day Jo

least everyones OK. Smart girl! Remembered what a handbrakes for! And used it at the right time. I’m impressed 

 

My dad taught me well...I did it on auto pilot. Dad made us all do a defensive driving course once we got our PS.

 

2 hours ago, Lilly said:

 

If you shouldn't be driving why are you doing it?

 

 

 

Because I am stupid!!!...not supposed to drive for medical reasons but when the kids dad wouldn't pick her up and Noone else was volunteering I went.. 4hours each way on public transport (Sunday time table..requiring 3 buses and a train) or 70-80mins drive on mainly back roads and industrial areas.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Scary stuff Jo, so glad you and your daughter are ok.

 

i,m knitting a hat for my grand daughter, don’t know how to post a pic tho, grrrr how to post from an iPad, it’s soooooo frustrating.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Having a cuppa and breathing a sigh of relief. Finally got contact with relos holidaying in NZ and on the cruise ship. All safe, saddly many others won't be as relieved as I am.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, jillar said:

@catlover at the bottom of the reply box you'll see a paperclip, click where it says choose files then pick your pic and it should download and attach it here :)

I tried that and got an ! allowed file extensions are doc, png, pdf,  jpg, gif, txt.......

is it because its apple????? IDK BAH...............

  • Sad 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I had to do it the old fashioned way!! take a pic on my camera, put the sd card in the laptop, save the pic, and download from my files.  why I cant just take a pic straight on my ipad and upload I dont know!!!!!

 

anyway here are the 2 hats I have knit for my nearly 5 month old grand daughter for christmas. Im leaving the white one as it is, as tried it on her and it looked cute, like a whippy ice cream, though it is supposed to be a christmas tree. The green one has bells, and really jingles lol 

XMAS HAT GREEN.jpg

XMAS HAT WHITE.jpg

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


About us

QuitTrain®, a quit smoking support community, was created by former smokers who have a deep desire to help people quit smoking and to help keep those quits intact.  This place should be a safe haven to escape the daily grind and focus on protecting our quits.  We don't believe that there is a "one size fits all" approach when it comes to quitting smoking.  Each of us has our own unique set of circumstances which contributes to how we go about quitting and more importantly, how we keep our quits.

 

Our Message Board Guidelines

Get in touch

Follow us

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Guidelines