What are you doing right now

notsmokinjo

9 minutes ago, Boo said:

Went a bit on the subtle side this year.  Having a puppy in the house who likes to taste-test everything meant some decorations had to stay in the box this year.

I can relate.  I have two puppies.  We have had many dogs but these two are a true challenge.   Tis The Season

';

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Boo said:

Just put the finishing touches on decorating the house for Christmas.  The tree is up.  Put some wreaths on the windows.  A few lights here and there...

Went a bit on the subtle side this year.  Having a puppy in the house who likes to taste-test everything meant some decorations had to stay in the box this year.

We are the same with Ted ....had to buy a small tree.....The big one was wrecked every morning ....we had to completely decorate it every day....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

When Ralph was a wee kitten there were no decorations on the bottom of the tree.... last year was the boys first christmas... they were pretty good with the tree... but the presents under the tree, that was a different story..... so there were no presents under the tree and the decoration that is a teddy bear was taken off every time Sarge would find it on the tree and hidden in his not so secret hiding places.

oh... what am I doin' right now.... getting the tissues ready to read that thread.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

When Ralph was a wee kitten there were no decorations on the bottom of the tree....

We have a top-heavy tree this year.  The lights and ornaments are all just above the line where a he can reach anything.

Of course, with as fast as he is growing right now, he may be big enough to reach by the time Christmas gets here.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, catlover said:

Just back in from shopping, going to make some soup, then make a start on getting the christmas decorations out. I need to get in the festive mood...

animated_cat_christmas_lights.gif

I tried decorating the cat last year and it ended with a fair bit of blood, a lot of swearing and a trip to a+e. To be fair I can't blame the cat, all went well until I tried to sit it atop the tree instead of the fairy. 

• Haha 6

8 minutes ago, notsmokinjo said:

Fairy??? I thought you either put an angel or a star on the top of ya tree.... not a fairy????

So am I the only one who kinda gets creeped out but a pretty girl in a fancy dress havin' a tree stuck up her bum???

9 minutes ago, notsmokinjo said:

G"day

I had a friend who had a superman figure on his Xmas tree. He loved it when my kids ( at that time Mr 9 and Mr 7) would tell everyone..."superman was so strong he could pick up a giant Xmas tree with just his Bum........ 

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Cbdave said:

G"day

I had a friend who had a superman figure on his Xmas tree. He loved it when my kids ( at that time Mr 9 and Mr 7) would tell everyone..."superman was so strong he could pick up a giant Xmas tree with just his Bum........ 

OMG I frickin love it..... I wish I had thought of that.... we have a cardboard simpsons colour yellow angel the kid made in in kinda with sequins and lace stuck on it....every year it comes out of the storeage box a repairs need to be made....

• Like 2

I make fabric covered balls and put names on them... one year for christmas... years and years ago I made my grandma a ball for every grandkid..... with our names.... and they still come out (get added to every year) and get hung on the tree at whoever is hosting family christmas... the boys are hysterical... the branch at the top of the tree.... closest to the star will end up with about 6 balls on it... as they all want to be top and centre.... so funny that these men in their 30s, 40s and one in his 50s are rushing to the tree not to shake presents but to see where their frickin ball is hangin.... lol.... love it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

When I make this years ones I'll do a pic.... its that time of year..... so my christmas tree is a hodge podge... no colour scheme, no uniformity... just a mix of evrything and anything... I need it to be like this, if I colour co-ordinated it I would end up having a breakdown because then everything would need to be strategically hung and placed and organised.... so my chrissy tree is chaos because chaos works for a mix and match... but not for a colour scheme. ... or I will get a pic from my mum's set.

OH came in to say going bra shopping for the kid... again... cos they have grown.... again....

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, notsmokinjo said:

OH came in to say going bra shopping for the kid... again... cos they have grown.... again...

That means you have a teenager!  What fun.  Those bras can been kind of expensive!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Linda Thomas said:

That means you have a teenager!  What fun.  Those bras can been kind of expensive!

not a teenager until next month.... but has the attitude down pat.... she is, um, gifted in the front.... so normally I spend $160 and she gets 2 bras..... so we lucked out on a sale... like huge sale... 7 bras (normal price for the lot $480) we payed $140... because we went to the outlet AND they had a sale with all bras $20. so she got a new pair of togs too (togs = bathers/swimmers/cosy) bloody exhausted.... got a take away roast for dinner from the spit shop.

• Like 1