What are you doing right now

notsmokinjo

@notsmokinjo, The Snowbirds Demonstration Team (431 Squadron) is a Canadian icon comprised of serving members of the Canadian Forces. According to our newspaper they only choose one place a year in California to perform and they picked us. 

canadian-air-force_snowbirds_gyaniz.jpg

Edited by jillar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, jillar said:

@notsmokinjo, The Snowbirds Demonstration Team (431 Squadron) is a Canadian icon comprised of serving members of the Canadian Forces. According to our newspaper they only choose one place a year in the U.S. to perform and they picked us. 

canadian-air-force_snowbirds_gyaniz.jpg

Also commonly known as elderly folks who flock from Northeastern Canada to Florida for the winter months each year.

snowbird.gif

• Haha 2

Not big on air shows... We are about 20mins up the road ( that's close in AUs) from Avalon and every couple of years they host an airshow... So two weeks of house shaking planes flying overhead and 3 days of the worst traffic jams, the Friday night is like a triple the time to get home... They red Canadian planes can stay in Cali. ;)

• Like 1

thinking about nourishment.  where is my beautiful wife ?  my handsome chef ?  hellooooo !  helloooooooooooooo....

savory ricotta tart ? 

w/basil, caramelized onions and sun dried tomatoes ?

or 

scrambled eggs in a flour tortilla w/dollop of ricotta

and

build the tart tomorrow.

I'll put sliced onions in the crock pot and they will be caramelized by morning.

That is if I don't wake up with the awesome smell in the middle of the night and eat them. 

All of them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Eating the ricotta tart and feeling really charged about the new influx of quitters and our current newbies.

It makes me really happy to see people quitting smoking.  It is such an exciting, life changing event.

Edited by Sazerac
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Just got home and now having a glass of pinot noir. Had a little birthday celebration brunch for my Mom today at her house.....it is her 85th!  All she was worried about was if she would have enough chairs and where would people sit!! All was good....and we had a lot of laughs!

PS She is quit 27 years as of this past July!!! She is one tough cookie!

Edited by Rozuki
  • Like 6

21 minutes ago, Rozuki said:

Just got home and now having a glass of pinot noir. Had a little birthday celebration brunch for my Mom today at her house.....it is her 85th!  All she was worried about was if she would have enough chairs and where would people sit!! All was good....and we had a lot of laughs!

Your Mom sounds very similar to mine, in terms of the things she worries about :)  I just got home from my Mother's place today. She will be turning 98 next month and still lives on her own in a 3 story house. She has been OK up to this point but is starting to have some issues here and there. It's amazing that some of our parents are doing pretty well at pretty advanced ages :) 

My mother still lives like it's the Great Depression. She grew up then and some of the things she does now are pretty telling about those times. She will wrap up all left overs from a meal - no matter how few. Nothing gets thrown out - NOTHING! Her compose bin is still brand new after 15 years - never seen a scrap of food - lol!

Glad you had a good time celebrating with your Mom!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1