What are you doing right now

notsmokinjo

20 hours ago, Wee fluffy me said:

Oooww I'm gonna have a bash at chilli jam Jo... have you done it before.. ? I'm looking for some tips..?

Nope... I'm the only one who likes 'spicey' so haven't tried. I have made onion jam and also made beetroot jam. I love my beetroot jam but I can buy a really good one made in NZ real cheap without getting pink hands for a week.

• Like 1

So my Grandma taught me beetroot jam... but my mum's aunty taught me beetroot relish.... relish is less sweet... its like a sweet pickle spread... awesome on sangas (sandwiches) with left over roast lamb or beef or even just with some deli ham.

So this is the one I buy:

Anathoth-Farm-Chutney-Beetroot.jpg

relish/chutney... same/same.... so this tastes more like my jam recipe than my relish recipe... @Wee fluffy me I'm off to put my recipies for both in the foodie section.

Edited by notsmokinjo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just cleaned bird cages (have a cockatoo, cockatiel and parakeet) and fresh food/water supplied. Off to get my supply of canned dog food for the pups....totally ran out of canned and they will bug me later if I only give them more dry dog food!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm with @WeegieWoman ... what is this white sauce you have on pizza?? (still don't think it will make me like pizza but I might give it a try).... In Aus we have tomato sauce which depending where you go is either a herbed pasata or just tomato paste.... some of the chicken/meat lover pizzas have BBQ sauce instead on the base but none of this white sauce.....