What are you doing right now

notsmokinjo

4 hours ago, Boo said:

Hanging out.  Listening to waves crash and a storm rolling in off the Atlantic Ocean.

I still don't know how to post personal photos, but here's a stock photo of where I'm at...

image.png.cb58c12272d3eda686d31122b3245b99.png

Living on island time for now.

We are having so much fun arn,t we sweetie.

This place is beautiful...we are so lucky .....to be able to spend a few days unwinding...

Fabulous !!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just caught the last of the royal wedding, there does seem to be a lot of women wearing nests on their heads. What really confused me was when the queen left the chapel they played America the Beautiful? 

• Haha 2

On 5/19/2018 at 3:23 PM, reciprocity said:

^^^ Never heard of that place. Probably why it's not overdeveloped yet:)  So nice to go to those places where it's not crawling with people and tourist traps.

One thing this place is crawling with is fish.  I caught a cobia on a fly-rod this morning.  I didn't even know what a cobia was yesterday.  Best way I know to explain it is: if a shark and a catfish had a baby...it would look a lot like a cobia.

Frisky bugger...put up a hell of a fight.

• Like 2

I love fishing with a fly rod!!!! Everything you catch feels like a real fight to land it. Ha, ha, I never heard of that fish either. Sounds odd from your description. A shark looking fish with long whiskers ?

• Like 1

@Sslip, @Wee fluffy me, @WeegieWoman, @Joe7.... I hear laurel.

@reciprocity ... Mmmmmm cray, mmmmmm cray rolls with garlic butter.....mmmmmm frickin no seafood allowed doctor diet...

@Boo, we call that ling  here... My brother said to cook any way you would cook salmon... I hadn't heard of it either so SMS to little bro with the marine biology degree "wot the fvck you wanna know that for... Did you go to the us? You know what it is, it's ling. Stop being weird and go to work"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, reciprocity said:

I love fishing with a fly rod!!!! Everything you catch feels like a real fight to land it. Ha, ha, I never heard of that fish either. Sounds odd from your description. A shark looking fish with long whiskers ?

Trout fishing is my first love (when it comes to angling anyway), but I really enjoy going after smallmouth bass with a fly-rod.  They don't get as large as the largemouths do, but they are fighters.  I need to head up to your neck of the woods again soon.  All that cold, clear freshwater in Canada...the smallies thrive up there.

1 hour ago, notsmokinjo said:

we call that ling  here... My brother said to cook any way you would cook salmon... I hadn't heard of it either so SMS to little bro with the marine biology degree "wot the fvck you wanna know that for... Did you go to the us? You know what it is, it's ling. Stop being weird and go to work"

Cobia.  Ling.  Black Kingfish.  Black Salmon.  Crabeater.  That's a lot of aliases for one fish.  Makes you wonder what they've been up to.

In my younger days, I was fishing at Watts Bar with a couple of friends.  One of my buddies caught a big gar for the first time.  As soon as he got a look at it he said: "Holy shit!  I caught a dinosaur!"

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, reciprocity said:

^^^ I've actually heard of ling :) I thought the looked like a big catfish? Maybe not!

The head of a catfish, sans the whiskers.  The body of a shark.

Weird looking fella.

• Like 2

I am the worlds crapiest fisher.. It requires too much stillness... Not enough action... Although fishing off the pier at night is awesome... I'm way less annoying to everyone then... Usually catch some flatheads.... Would rather dive for crays (lobster) or spear fishing.

• Like 1

Probably the best eating fish in the world (at least in my opinion), the Brook Trout (small speckle trout).

You get 5 or 6 of these and you have a meal to remember. They will melt in your mouth :)

They may look small but they fight like fish 4 or 5 times their size!

Brook_Trout01.jpg

• Like 1

On 5/23/2018 at 10:21 AM, Wee fluffy me said:

Reading back and all this fish talk goes right over my head....

Just sayin...

You may continue ?

Back to fishin talk. Let me splain.

You drive out into the country and see a stream running off to one side of the road. You park, get your fishin' gear out the trunk and start walking up this unknown,  babbling brook, casting your lure here and there in the pools that form around fallen logs and the like. Pretty soon you got a satchel full of the best tasting little Brookies you can imagine. My Gawd - That's like the best day ever!!!

2uqy6ud.jpg

OK fish story over. Back to your regularly scheduled programing :)

Edited by reciprocity
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

^^ Of course you did, breastroke is the Grandad stroke. :D ... is such a nice, sedate stroke, no concern that heart rate will get elevated wot so ever... yep all the grandparents play the breaststroke.:22_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Oh and during training camp I managed to snap this pic of @reciprocity fishing...

PIG-01-RK0013-16P.JPG

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

^^ Of course you did, breastroke is the Grandad stroke. :D ... is such a nice, sedate stroke, no concern that heart rate will get elevated wot so ever... yep all the grandparents play the breaststroke.:22_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Oh and during training camp I managed to snap this pic of @reciprocity fishing...

PIG-01-RK0013-16P.JPG

That's very appropriate. Ice-Fishing! We do a lot of that here in the Great White North.

It's also referred to as "an excuse to go drinking outdoors in winter". Been ice fishing many times and never caught much other than a hangover :)

• Haha 2