What are you doing right now

notsmokinjo

G’day 

They don’t call it the silly season for nothing!

Everythings gotta be done by Christmas otherwise …… Christmas will fail?

Humbug….. don’t think so…. But it seems the whole world does.

Me. I’ll go along with it. A bloke can only do what he can.

Secretly I’m waiting for that month after Christmas when everyone goes away  and the roads are quiet. I’ll catch up with my work. Then I’ll take time off in February when the world goes back to work. 
Mental note… have to break to them that I’m retiring FULLY end of this next year. 

• Like 4

I'm not worrying about my kids and technology.  With the exception of when she's sleepy, Maddie gets very little screen time.  Jackson...he couldn't care less about technology.

I am however worried about my parents and technology.  My mom got a new phone.  In trying to figure out this newfangled contraption, she accidentally calls people on her contact list.  I've gotten two such calls already today.  My sister gets accidental calls on a regular basis as well now.

The upside is: now I know what to get mom for Christmas.

image.png.b876dd1caec90267825597070066c4c3.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

• 2 weeks later...

Wishing you mob a happy gravy day!

image.png.1a26c3a7bbd6fa920edb711294886ff3.png

Celebrate Gravy Day as it's intended, phone the one your missing and can't be with this Christmas.....drink a beer with some mates at ya local and sing the song with gusto in an impromptu drunken pub choir.

Edited by notsmokinjo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Doreensfree said:

Just passing by ...To wish

All On Quit Train a Merry Xmas..

Carnt do anything fancy on this phone ..

Love to ya,all.

The Horney Toad ...❤

See you soon 

Good to hear from you Doreen.  Hope all is well down under.

Me...I'm getting ready for the cold weather that's moving into my neck of the woods.  Better to be over-prepared than not prepared enough I say.

image.thumb.png.bc481ff6af9fc66ae8b06ac1c5436615.png

• Haha 3

Enjoying a typical quite night at home.  Spent time reinforcing the makeshift boundary wall we had to build around the Christmas tree and pulled a rescue mission after Jackson got himself stuck trying to go under a chair to get to the tree.

He loves to pull at the lights and rip wrapping paper.  So much so we had to put an ottoman, a hope chest, and various other items around the tree to keep him walled off.

An eight month old boy whose only recently become mobile and is full of curiosity will keep you on your toes.

• Haha 6

I am in Pennsylvania, at my oldest son’s home. My youngest is here from Japan, so I finally got to snuggle my 2nd youngest grandbaby, who is already a year old. Happy times. I will be here for another week. Tomorrow, I will see my brother, and one of my dear friends. I have plans with several .other family and friends over the next week, as well. It’s a bit of a whirlwind tour, but well worth it. It was weird not putting up a tree at home, because we wouldn’t be there. Nothing is ever perfect, I suppose. It is great to be with family and friends that I’ve missed so much.

kat

• Like 6

Cough cough cough, I’ve got the ague, been in bed 3 days, feeling rotten and tired of coughing. It’s not covid as done the test, just something doing the rounds. 
well I wish it would do one and sod off…. Husband even worse, as it’s man flu haha, glad I don’t get that strain!!! Hope your all well

• Sad 4

Thanks guys. Still quite poorly, it’s a viral infection going around that affects the lungs, hence the coughing. So Thankful I’m a non smoker, I can’t imagine having to force my self to smoke right now. 
the headaches have been from hell too, and sleepless nights, have left me exhausted..

hubby has had it too, so we somehow have stumbled to help each other along.

hope your all well.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2