What are you doing right now

notsmokinjo

On 11/19/2022 at 8:04 AM, Gus said:

😮 I couldn’t bare it @Mac#23. I am happy with Georgia’s non-stick flurries and gone by the next day snow apocalypses. lol 

Let us bow our head and say a little prayer for our fellow Southerners who didn't make it to the store for extra bread and milk.  May God have mercy on them as they ride out the big storm.

image.thumb.png.d08ce38fe143e1ee00daf5d95108ffc0.png

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Boo said:

Let us bow our head and say a little prayer for our fellow Southerners who didn't make it to the store for extra bread and milk.  May God have mercy on them as they ride out the big storm.

image.thumb.png.d08ce38fe143e1ee00daf5d95108ffc0.png

Hey boo, growing up in Alabama that was a snow day off of school! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

🤣 @Boo I haven’t been caught without bread and milk yet! Full tank of gas too! Preparedness! BaHaHaHa @jillar I loved it when school was cancelled because of snow. It was a very rare occurrence growing up though and we always had to make the day/days up at the end of the school year. 😬Now they are figured into the schedule ahead of time. However that works. Must be some of that new Math. 🧐

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

So, I didn't violate my own rule about no Christmas decorations going up until after Thanksgiving.  I simply got out in front of things a little bit.  Tested all the lights and went ahead and hung them up today.  Pulled out the other outside decorations and have them laid out in the garage.  I brought down the storage containers with all of the inside decorations in them.  We'll take an early morning trip to the Christmas Tree farm on Friday morning and set the whole thing in motion.

Operation Winter Wonderland is a go.

• Like 3

On 11/23/2022 at 11:04 PM, jillar said:

Sorry @Boo but hanging your lights is a violation of your rule 😆

Is an unlit light really a decoration?

I tested the lights.  Then hung the lights up.  Did not light them up on the house until this evening.  The potential for the lights to be decorative was there, but not fulfilled until the time was right.

"A flute with no holes, is not a flute.  A donut with no hole, is a Danish."

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Boo said:

Is an unlit light really a decoration?

I tested the lights.  Then hung the lights up.  Did not light them up on the house until this evening.  The potential for the lights to be decorative was there, but not fulfilled until the time was right.

"A flute with no holes, is not a flute.  A donut with no hole, is a Danish."

It could be argued that you made a rule not to put up any Christmas decorations until after Thanksgiving. Therefore lit up or not they were put up and that is clearly a violation of your own rule. 

Furthermore, as to whether an unlit light is a decoration it would depend on if its seasonal or not right? So......😂😂

Edited by jillar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

this is insanity.  when i was a kid we decorated for xmas on xmas eve and tore that shit down before midnite on new years eve.  when they were dropping the ball in Times Square we were lighting the tree on fire and toasting marshmallows over the embers.  we keep going down this path and folks be getting christmas lights out while they're still hung over from the 4th of July.  please God make it stop!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

22 hours ago, jillar said:

It could be argued that you made a rule not to put up any Christmas decorations until after Thanksgiving. Therefore lit up or not they were put up and that is clearly a violation of your own rule. 

Furthermore, as to whether an unlit light is a decoration it would depend on if its seasonal or not right? So......😂😂

I know my rights...

• Haha 3

Um...so I'm supposed to be making chrissy presents for the kids teachers but NOPE...I'm debating if I do a poll about did Boo break his own rule on chrissy decos OR do I do a poll about when one should set up chrissy decos?.... when should they he taken down???

So in my family the tree should stay up until the epiphany BUT if you don't get it down by then it has to stay up all year or its bad luck.

• Like 2

So right now I'm balancing a coffee on my knee pondering my life choices that have left me pulling an all nighter ... been up going on 25hrs...and will be driving to work in the next hour...for the second time in 5 days... why??!!!.... no really, why??

So Satdee I pulled an all nighter with election commitments and celebrations and being designated driver....last night.... I spent 10 hours painting tiles to be personalised coasters for the kids teachers chrissy/eoy pressies. 

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, notsmokinjo said:

So right now I'm balancing a coffee on my knee pondering my life choices that have left me pulling an all nighter ... been up going on 25hrs...and will be driving to work in the next hour...for the second time in 5 days... why??!!!.... no really, why??

So Satdee I pulled an all nighter with election commitments and celebrations and being designated driver....last night.... I spent 10 hours painting tiles to be personalised coasters for the kids teachers chrissy/eoy pressies. 

You've got a lot of irons in the fire.

You're not going to please everyone all the time.  You'll only wear yourself out trying.  The folks that matter will understand if you sit one out from time-to-time.  The folks who want to work you like a farm mule...f**k 'em, you don't need a lot of people like that in your life.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1